Dining Room seating

bosoxfan23061

Yes, if you have traditional dining, you will sit at the same table each night. Your table number will be printed on your S&S card.

Carnival doesn't currently offer a choice of table size. I don't know why, as other cruise lines do. If you are unhappy with your assignment, you can see the Maitre D either upon boarding, or on the first night.

There is a thread or 2 floating around here with the email addresses to the Maitre Ds, and some have had success in writing them a couple weeks prior to sailing. You could also try dropping John Heald a message on Facebook, but the poor man is so busy, that I personally wouldn't do that.

We have gotten lucky so far in never having to had move tables.

If you have a set diner time, you sit at the same table each night correct? How does your table get assigned? Wife and I are traveling and would like a quiet table for two, is there a way to request this?

For our 20th anniversary cruise my PVP put a request in with our booking. We were on the Liberty and it was 2008. Our request was honored and we had a wonderful 2-top along the back of the dining room. To date that was one of our favorite dining teams!

We don't understand why Carnival doesn't offer options on your booking for table size, but they don't. A few weeks ago on Splendor we went to see the Maître d' on embarkation day (ask someone as soon as you get on the ship where and when they will be available)...my advice is to get there early because a line does form. We were second in line and our request for a 2-top was honored (not sure if the $$ in our hand had anything to do with it either...but it worked).

Sorry...we were in early fixed seating.

Edited by djhsolara

What about anytime dining? Do they still sit you with strangers or just your group? We will be a party of 5 adults and we really do not want to sit with strangers. Mostly because 4 out of the 5 us work in community focused government jobs where we spend each and every work day making small talk to strangers as part of our work. When we go on holiday we like to get away from that.

Edited by Boof80

With anytime dining they will ask at the hostess desk whether you want to sit with just your party or with others. Just let them know you want to sit with just your party.

Cool thanks for the info.

We are sailing on Triumph on 12-6-2014 with 2 friends and their grandson. We want to have dinner together at early dining. Since we will be a total of 5, what kind of table will we get? Will they seat us at a 10 top or put us a a table for 6 or 8?

We don't understand why Carnival doesn't offer options on your booking for table size, but they don't. A few weeks ago on Splendor we went to see the Maître d' on embarkation day (ask someone as soon as you get on the ship where and when they will be available)...my advice is to get there early because a line does form. We were second in line and our request for a 2-top was honored (not sure if the $$ in our hand had anything to do with it either...but it worked).

Sorry...we were in early fixed seating.

How Much $$ did you tip?

We are sailing on Triumph on 12-6-2014 with 2 friends and their grandson. We want to have dinner together at early dining. Since we will be a total of 5, what kind of table will we get? Will they seat us at a 10 top or put us a a table for 6 or 8?

Do you have anytime dining or reserved seating? If you have reserved seating, your group could be placed with others, when we cruised with our kids (4 of us) we were put at a table for 8 with others once and have been at a table by ourselves several times. With anytime dining they ask you when you check in if it's ok to be placed with people or alone.