You know your Cruise has started when.....?

We did that in Barbados. We went to Sunbury Plantation House then on to the airport :)

We have a coach every hour from Oxford to Gatwick - £74 for the two of us return :) We used to get it half price (pensioners) then they made it 20% off, but now it is full fare :mad: Still good value though for 170 mile round trip :)

We did that in Barbados. We went to Sunbury Plantation House then on to the airport :)

We have a coach every hour from Oxford to Gatwick - £74 for the two of us return :) We used to get it half price (pensioners) then they made it 20% off, but now it is full fare :mad: Still good value though for 170 mile round trip :)

Yes we've fallen foul of that too Linda and had to pay full fare. We were going to stop getting the cards on account of that. I reckon they supposed if you can afford to be going to the airport (presumably going on holiday) you can afford full price!

But last time we went before Christmas we definitely got our senior coach card discount and I've just done a trial booking with and without coach cards and there is a good discount. Wonder if they've changed their policy back again? Might be worth checking it out Linda and see if there is a saving to be had. Good luck with that. ;)

My reply shows what a sad person I am LOL!

Throughout Summer every Saturday I watch the Dream in Palma on the webcam.

The cruise starts days before we go for me - when I watch her sail out of Palma and can say that the next time I see her I will be boarding not looking longingly at her on a computer screen!

This year my final couple of weeks will be spent looking at her on the Malaga port camera.

Edited by campolady

Ours starts the day before as we check into the Ibis and relax in the airport and/or hotel and then once the cases tootle off to the plane we know the holiday is about to take off. So excited I get too.

Never been excited on any holiday, ever , well apart from the time I climbed in the milk van with our cases

err..... was checking if I had cancelled our milk delivery:rolleyes:

Stevie:)

Yes we've fallen foul of that too Linda and had to pay full fare. We were going to stop getting the cards on account of that. I reckon they supposed if you can afford to be going to the airport (presumably going on holiday) you can afford full price!

But last time we went before Christmas we definitely got our senior coach card discount and I've just done a trial booking with and without coach cards and there is a good discount. Wonder if they've changed their policy back again? Might be worth checking it out Linda and see if there is a saving to be had. Good luck with that. ;)

Are you talking about National Express? I was going to buy one of their cards, but couldn't seem to get it to give me any discount. I phoned them and they said it doesn't apply in Oxford!! They think we are all millionaires here :rolleyes:

No, we have a coach called The Airline which is run by the Oxford Bus Company and it is not part of National Express. I think you can get NE buses to Gatwick, but would have to change buses and it would take ages! :(

Yes Linda it is National Express - I thought that's who you meant. What a shame you haven't got a direct service - we have but they recently changed the route which is quite takes longer but it's a good price so we put up with it.

Ours takes one and a half to two hours depending on the traffic, so really good. We could drive to Luton, but by the time we have paid petrol parking and flight supplements, we might as well take the coach to Gatwick.

Getting back on track :rolleyes: I hate driving on the M25, so when I get on the coach, I recline my seat ( a little :p)relax and my holiday has started :)

its the first moment I see the ship waiting at the dock, for us all to go on. As your walking up the steps I turn and look back knowing how chilled and relaxed I feel when my feet touch the ships floor :D :).

Only another 27 weeks to wait lol :cool: