Priceline Non-Bid / 4-to-a-room Question

KMagz

Looking at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale. Priceline has a good price (non-bid) on a Tower Room with 2 dbl beds. But when you look at the fine print, it only guarantees the rate for 2 people, not four.

Anyone have experience with 4 to a room and Priceline? Or better yet, specifically the Hyatt Pier SixtySix? Wouldn't think they'd give you a hard time if the reservation is specifically for 2 dbl beds. But better safe than sorry....

This might not count but when I do priceline it's for me, my wife and 2 kids. I call in to request doubles which they cannot promise but they have always had no issues. I also book another room for my parents and call later for attached rooms which they also have been good about providing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Looking at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale. Priceline has a good price (non-bid) on a Tower Room with 2 dbl beds. But when you look at the fine print, it only guarantees the rate for 2 people, not four.

Anyone have experience with 4 to a room and Priceline? Or better yet, specifically the Hyatt Pier SixtySix? Wouldn't think they'd give you a hard time if the reservation is specifically for 2 dbl beds. But better safe than sorry....

Twice I have been checking in when a family has been trying to check in four to a room.

Somewhere that doesn't have a high percentage of tourism or conference guests I'd tell you to go for it but EVERYONE travels to South Florida with their family. The double/double rooms go first.

Don't do it or book two rooms. Or take your chances and plan on paying $400 at check in. The hotel will not care about priceline.

This might not count but when I do priceline it's for me, my wife and 2 kids. I call in to request doubles which they cannot promise but they have always had no issues. I also book another room for my parents and call later for attached rooms which they also have been good about providing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

You've been lucky. I've gotten Priceline rooms and showed up with 4 of us and then told I have to pay extra as the room is only for 2 people.

• 1 month later...

I've booked Priceline many times for 4 guests (2 adults, 2 kids) and all have been good experiences except one. The hotel didn't have anything but a king bed and no pull out couch. We asked for extra blankets and the kids who were 4 at the time, made a fort to sleep in. We had fun. All other times, we've had no problem, but there is some risk involved. I generally don't risk it now that my kids are older, and I just use Hotwire instead.

Here's a decent article that discusses Priceline for 3 or more guests.