Meet and greet Prices?

vwrestler171

PLEASE don't call it a M&G. You are talking about a Private Cocktail Party. There are other restrictions (you have to have at least 20 people, you have to arrange and pay in advance via the groups department.....)

It gets confusing when people talk M&G when they are really just talking about a sailaway party, or even a reserved room (which doesn't cost anything) to get together in and put faces to names.

I've organized several Cocktail Parties and it can be very difficult to get everyone's money, make sure they are clearly identified as a participant, make sure that nobody who hasn't paid is allowed in......

The lady that organized ours had a cut off date to pay her. Also you have to have money to Carnival two weeks prior to sailing. And people tried to come in that were not part of the group. Our group leader gave everybody a name tag and checked them in as we came in, so the people did get caught fairly quickly. She had to do a lot of work. To me it is way better to just set a time to meet your group. I like meeting at a bar on the Lido deck after the muster drill. I also like setting a second get together on the last sea day, just in case some people couldn't make the first meeting.

Meeting at a bar area sounds like a goo idea because we intend to buy the Cheers program this time so why in the world would we want to pay $44 pp for an open bar for 2 hours when we have up to 15 drinks a day on on Cheers program!!! That just would not make sense!! I will happily meet them anywhere even if it is a private 2 hr open bar party, I will just show my sail and sign card with my cheers program on it, then I am NOT getting "in" for free without paying, I won't be costing the group anything.

I hope that does not seem like a bad attitude, but I certainly am not paying double for something I bought already LOL

Sailing on Liberty February 15. One of our fellow CC travellers organized a private cocktail party. $24 for 1 1/2 hour open bar (separate price available for children) There is also a one hour option. As indicated by a previous poster, Carnival requires a minimum of 20 (assume adults). Our organizer had to provide final numbers to Carnival by January 30 (and payment?)

If you want more information, suggest you check the roll call for the February 15 sailing of Liberty. There is a list of beverages choices available and the traffic about cheques being sent in advance for payment. Getting the 20 was not an issue for our sailing.

If you read through the February 15 Liberty roll call posts you will see a few CC members asking about a paypal account. This would have made payment to the organizer easier.

Don't know how she pays Carnival or who she contacted to make the arrangements. Organizer has posted her email on the roll call so again if interested suggest you contact her directly.