Pre cruise hotels

readingfast

Hi

Does anyone now if you can book a pre cruise package with Azamara if you are sorting out your own flights?

We had flights & a hotel included as part of our "deal" but my brother booked at another time and has arranged his own flights which are the same as ours.

To keep us all together, he would like to pay for a pre cruise package for the same hotel and with transfers.

I cannot even find our pre cruise details on the web site let alone anything else, so thought I would ask my knowledgeable CC friends.

Thanks

Hi

Does anyone now if you can book a pre cruise package with Azamara if you are sorting out your own flights?

We had flights & a hotel included as part of our "deal" but my brother booked at another time and has arranged his own flights which are the same as ours.

To keep us all together, he would like to pay for a pre cruise package for the same hotel and with transfers.

I cannot even find our pre cruise details on the web site let alone anything else, so thought I would ask my knowledgeable CC friends.

Thanks

I'm guessing that it would be far less expensive for your brother to book the same hotel on his own and pay for his own transfers separately. In many ports, the price of the Azamara transfer is twice the price of a cab. When you say that you cannot find your pre-cruise details on the website, do you mean that you don't know what hotel you're staying at? Your travel agent should be able to sort this out for you.

I don;t know why anyone would evert book a hotel through a cruise line where you are paying per person for the room. If you can I'd cancel the hotel through the cruise line and have your TA make reservations at the same hotel. You'll save a ton even after you include transfers and breakfast.

I don;t know why anyone would evert book a hotel through a cruise line where you are paying per person for the room. If you can I'd cancel the hotel through the cruise line and have your TA make reservations at the same hotel. You'll save a ton even after you include transfers and breakfast.

Totally agree...the cruise lines make money from you off of the booking. Some of the hotels are more than double what you would normally pay...do your homework. Also check tripadvisor for information and reviews. Not sure where your cruise is going but also be aware that some hotels are non-refundable, something I was not aware of when I started looking for hotels in Nice. If you have a TA, it is their job to help you, but I still did some research on my own.

We asked about a pre-cruise package for our forthcoming TA on Quest, as we've never been to Miami before. The only extension available from Azamara was for an additional 2 nights at the Marriott.

Although this seemed a nice hotel it didn't appear to be in a great area (for a tourist) so we researched and found a very nice hotel in South Beach.

It appeared we were offered the standard "published" room rate for the extra nights at the Marriott but it was still a better deal to go elsewhere for 4 nights, even allowing for the fact that we then sort out our own transfers.

We asked about a pre-cruise package for our forthcoming TA on Quest, as we've never been to Miami before. The only extension available from Azamara was for an additional 2 nights at the Marriott.

Although this seemed a nice hotel it didn't appear to be in a great area (for a tourist) so we researched and found a very nice hotel in South Beach.

It appeared we were offered the standard "published" room rate for the extra nights at the Marriott but it was still a better deal to go elsewhere for 4 nights, even allowing for the fact that we then sort out our own transfers.

Hi, The Marriott offered by Azamara is a reasonable hotel, I've stayed there before. However, I think you've made the right choice to stay in South Beach as it's a nicer area and in my opinion a safer option.

Unlike getting to Civitavecchia from Rome, Miami is easy. Just get in a taxi. And, as you found out with just a little research, buying the cruise line's extension rarely if ever pays. Hope you have a great TA.