Had to cancel cruise; question about credit

momK

We had to cancel a cruise last month. Because we had the upgraded Princess vacation protection, we have a credit for a future cruise. Is that credit just for booking the cabin, or can it also be used as onboard credit for excursions, dining, etc.?

We had to cancel a cruise last month. Because we had the upgraded Princess vacation protection, we have a credit for a future cruise. Is that credit just for booking the cabin, or can it also be used as onboard credit for excursions, dining, etc.?

No, it becomes an FCC that can only be used to reduce the fare of whatever cruise you book...

It's credit towards final payment of a future cruise. It's not onboard credit.

So, if one has say, a $10,000 credit from cancelling a cruise and you then book a cruise which is only $6,000, do you lose the remaining $4,000 or, is the remaining $4,000 available for yet another cruise?

I'd assume the $4,000 would be still available but we all know what assuming does ...

Edited by beg3yrs

So, if one has say, a $10,000 credit from cancelling a cruise and you then book a cruise which is only $6,000, do you lose the remaining $4,000 or, is the remaining $4,000 available for yet another cruise?

I'd assume the $4,000 would be still available but we all know what assuming does ...

Yes. It's credit on your Captain's Circle account to be used to pay for one or two cruises. Think of it as a gift card. :)

Yes, there is an expiration on the credit.

We had to cancel a Panama Canal trip in December, 2012. The FCC we got has to be used by Dec., 2014. We're scheduled to try this cruise again April 1st. I can't wait!

Yes. It's credit on your Captain's Circle account to be used to pay for one or two cruises. Think of it as a gift card. :)

Pam probably meant to say "One or more cruises", not "One or two cruises".

So it sounds as though there is a 24 month time frame to use the credit up on future cruises.

Since we are discussing the Princess Platinum Protection I am wondering about your airfare if it was booked through Princess EZ Air. I don't think they add a percentage to the airfare to cover cancelation if you are taking the insurance on the cruise....or do they?

Terry

Since we are discussing the Princess Platinum Protection I am wondering about your airfare if it was booked through Princess EZ Air. I don't think they add a percentage to the airfare to cover cancelation if you are taking the insurance on the cruise....or do they?

If you have the Princess insurance and have to cancel EZAir reservations, be aware that the use of the air fares is by the airline's rules which is usually use it within one year of when the original air reservation was made.

• 11 months later...

Can the original passenger(s) transfer the credit to another member of the family or is this credit only good for the original named passenger(s)?

Edited by Saruman

Can the original passenger(s) transfer the credit to another member of the family or is this credit only good for the original named passenger(s)?

From what I understand, the credit is not transferable.

Though someone posted within the last week that they were able to use the credit from their children's portion of the cancelled trip for their upcoming cruise without their children. So once again, there is no firm answer until you have called Princess to enquire. And even then the answer can change if you call back a second time.

Terry

Though someone posted within the last week that they were able to use the credit from their children's portion of the cancelled trip for their upcoming cruise without their children. So once again, there is no firm answer until you have called Princess to enquire. And even then the answer can change if you call back a second time.

Terry

Wasn't that credit from when Princess cancelled a cruise, not the passengers?