Help! Triumph to Progreso/Cozumel or Magic to Mobay, GC, Cozumel??

wework2play

Party of 13: 2 in their late 60's, 5 in 30's, 3 teenagers, and 3 under 7 y/o.

What we all agree on is: We want a good beach day.

What we don't agree on: Half of us want a 5 day cruise (say they get bored) and 1/2 want a 7 day cruise (more for your money).

We are also taking children so we have to think about what will keep them happy too.

Any opinions to help persuade us?? Tell me the best beach to be found in these ports.

TIA!!

my advice is improvise. You will not please everyone all of the time. I would recommend going on the Magic as it does have the water slides, golf course, ropes course, and more stuff for the kiddos and teens to do.

But then I would trade it off and go to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel for a great relaxing all inclusive beach day ( you need to reserve in advance- they only allow 100 people a day). There will not be any toys for the kiddos there, but if you would like a quiet , relaxing , corona type beach day, this would be the place to go. All soda, alcoholic drinks, a 3 course meal included in price ( and they give you tons), there is a swim up bar at the pool and a Jacuzzi and beautiful beachfront and palapas. Just recommend bringing pails a shovels for the little ones, money for a taxi and some for a tip ;)

HTH.

I have been on both and would take the Magic. The kids will love the slides, splash pad, and ropes course. If they go to Camp Carnival the facility on the Magic is great compared to that on the Triumph. Also they have the Steakhouse and Cucina Capitano on the Magic. The Magic also had the Red Frog Pub.

You can have beach days in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. In Jamaica take the family to Sunset Beach Resort. In Grand Cayman we either go to the Reef Club or Calico Jacks. In Cozumel I recommend Mr. Sanchos over Nachi Cocom, especially with kids. They have a reduced child and teen price all inclusive price, or you can do the a la carte if you won't be eating and drinking all day. You can buy access to the water park at Mr. Sanchos for the kids. Our kids and grandkids love it.

What we don't agree on: Half of us want a 5 day cruise (say they get bored) and 1/2 want a 7 day cruise (more for your money).

We are also taking children so we have to think about what will keep them happy too.

Any opinions to help persuade us?? Tell me the best beach to be found in these ports.

TIA!!

For the better beaches go Mo Bay GC and Cozumel. Best Beaches in those ports are. Mo Bay: Irie Mon Beach Party through Carnival also known as Cornwall Beach. GC: Seven Mile Beach. Cozumel: Paradise Beach for the kids. The Magic is my favorite ship and has my favorite itinerary. Magic has more for the kids to do. So I vote for Magic.

Edited by christmas

Have the people who want a 5 day cruise been on a cruise before?

Don't even give them the option of a short cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

TIA!!

I also vote Magic! So much to do! We are Nachi Cocum people ourselves, but wouldn't recommend for kids. It is more for adults who want to have a relaxing, non-crowded beach day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

. My vote is for Magic. Way more to do on the ship for everyone. In Montego Bay, we did an all inclusive beach day at the Hilton Rose Hall Beach Resort. We booked it through http://www.jamaicaforaday.com. They have a gorgeous beach, and a water park pool area with a lazy river and water slides. The teenagers, younger kids, and all of the adults had a blast here. it was so much fun. In Grand Cayman, I recommend, doing the Deluxe Stingray City tour through Carnival. The water is very shallow, and the cool part is that they have stairs leading to the water, instead of a ladder. The ride to the sandbar is gorgeous and not very long, and they let you take all of your own pics and videos!!! They will even take your camera and snap pics of you holding the stingrays and kissing them! They have clean restrooms on the boat for changing before and after the swim and freshwater showers outdoors. in Cozumel, you could do Mr Sanchos, or Playa Mia, but I recommend the Twister to Passion Island via Carnival. That's the beach where the Corona commercials are filmed! I love that itinerary and Magic is truly a Magical cruise experience!!!

I also vote Magic! So much to do! We are Nachi Cocum people ourselves, but wouldn't recommend for kids. It is more for adults who want to have a relaxing, non-crowded beach day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed! I was at Nachi Cocum in January 2014. Kids were kinda bored. I think they would have way more fun at Playa Mia or Paradise Beach.

I would go with the Magic because there are more things onboard for the kids to do. The ones who say they get bored maybe weren't on one of the larger ships before. I don't like the shorter cruises because there isn't enough to do. It is a personal preference.

For a beach I would check out Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Nice large pool/bar/restaurants and plenty for the kids to do and prices are reasonable. They have a website. http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

I would recommend magic although I have never been on it. I have been on triumph on 5 day Progresso/Cozumel and enjoyed it.

You may also want to consider that some May want beach while others may want to actually do stuff at the ports, there's also Chankanaab at Cozumel that's great for families. Kids would love the sea lion show.

For grand cayman there's stingray city.

A beach day may be good for one port but consider doing something unique to that location for others.