First Carnival & Pride 1/26 - 2/2

BASTHEFIRST

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Funny you should mention the décor, as I have barely. lol I had heard about it over and over in doing my research and was really looking forward to seeing it all for myself. It is definitely Renaissance themed from head to toe and back to front. There was SO MUCH naked in paintings and wall coverings and statues, that in all honesty, I barely noticed. The true reflection of it was when my son said he thought "all these naked people" was 'weird', nothing more. I then explained the theming and what the Renaissance Period was and who Michelangelo was and his great works of the time. It made a little more sense then. And if you're into art, or especially this period, the ships décor will be a real treat. I didn't find it offensive at all, not even the giant statue of David in the Steakhouse. What I did notice was that the entire ship for the most part is VERY dark. I noticed this because I like light and believe more of it makes things look bigger, brighter, cleaner, and newer. As a hotel manager these are important things. I don't imagine any of this will really matter to those concerned when the Pride gets her reimagining in the coming year and has a whole new look. I think people that are offended by it are the same people that are looking for things to complain about in general, but that's just my opinion. There is just SO MUCH of it that it becomes part of the background and you will barely notice any of it in no time at all. ;)

We loved it, my children commented on how they would love to have a list of which painting recreations were where on the ship.

I wan't to say the pride is our favorite ship. We will be sailing on her again on sept. 14 2014. This will be the third time on the pride. We like her because she is so easy to navigate. You can go from front to back on all decks and that is great. We just returned from a cruise on the dream and it was a nightmare trying to get from point a to point b. We had a balcony midship next to the midship elevators. If we rode that elevator to the third floor we ended up between both restaurants. The only problem is the entrance to both restaurants were on the other side of the restaurants. So we had to get back on the elevator and go to another deck then get off and go eather forward or aft then go down to deck three to enter the restaurants. On the pride if you wait about 1/2 hour from the start all the lines are gone and you walk right into your table. Thank you pride. We can'y wait. We have 170 more days and we will be back. See you in sept.