Breakaway B6 "large balcony" cabin - Anyone?

RickinNYC

Hi gang. Just curious, for those of you that have stayed in a B6 large balcony cabin, what are your thoughts? We were upgraded for our upcoming cruise so any input, pictures, etc... would be great!

Great to hear about the upgrade! Woohoo!

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

We loved our large balcony cabin on Breakaway! (9728) It definitely helped make our cruise. We were able to "escape" the crowds there. Plenty of room for 3 of us. (Have no pictures - sorry) If I were ever to cruise again on Breakaway or Getaway, that is the cabin type I would book. Only one thing bad about that balcony: We were in a port, I was standing on the balcony watching people debark into that port, and all of a sudden I got totally drenched! It seems that they were washing balcony windows decks above us, and we hadn't received any notification! Since the large balcony cabins start a stadium type formation, the water came straight down the side of the ship and got me! DH and DD thought it was the funniest thing ever. The window washer above us was very apologetic! Guest Services offered to wash and dry my clothing, and they sent us a bottle of wine to apologize. Just be aware so it doesn't happen to you!:D

Edited by pe4all

We loved our large balcony cabin on Breakaway! (9728) It definitely helped make our cruise. We were able to "escape" the crowds there. Plenty of room for 3 of us. (Have no pictures - sorry) If I were ever to cruise again on Breakaway or Getaway, that is the cabin type I would book. Only one thing bad about that balcony: We were in a port, I was standing on the balcony watching people debark into that port, and all of a sudden I got totally drenched! It seems that they were washing balcony windows decks above us, and we hadn't received any notification! Since the large balcony cabins start a stadium type formation, the water came straight down the side of the ship and got me! DH and DD thought it was the funniest thing ever. The window washer above us was very apologetic! Guest Services offered to wash and dry my clothing, and they sent us a bottle of wine to apologize. Just be aware so it doesn't happen to you!:D

Thanks for the warning! I would have laughed too ... sorry :p

Oh that is funny and unfortunate. But worth the bottle of wine. This is our cabin on our next cruise, I'm so glad to hear that you loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Just beware - if you stand at the balcony railing, the people above you have a clear view of you. On the other hand, you will have a clear view of the people standing on the railing below you, due to the outset of the balcony from yours down. (hence, the larger balcony!) Didn't bother us in the least. Make sure you take an umbrella in case they are washing the windows! Also loved this balcony because you had sun if you wanted to by moving out by the balcony railing area, or shade by staying closer to the sliding glass door!

Just beware - if you stand at the balcony railing, the people above you have a clear view of you. On the other hand, you will have a clear view of the people standing on the railing below you, due to the outset of the balcony from yours down. (hence, the larger balcony!) Didn't bother us in the least. Make sure you take an umbrella in case they are washing the windows! Also loved this balcony because you had sun if you wanted to by moving out by the balcony railing area, or shade by staying closer to the sliding glass door!

No big deal with people looking down at us. Heck, if they are so compelled to find my partner and I more fascinating than the beautiful ocean, they can go right ahead.

Note to self: Bring poncho, umbrella and extra towels

No question the best Haven suite on the ship. The largest balcony and usable everyday even in bad weather. It is a bit of a hike to the Haven but the exercise is a good thing.

One tip request a door stop for the door between the bedroom and living room. It just opens everything up.

I have a S6 booked again for August.

No big deal with people looking down at us. Heck, if they are so compelled to find my partner and I more fascinating than the beautiful ocean, they can go right ahead.

Note to self: Bring poncho, umbrella and extra towels

Agreed. I can't wait to see the balcony!

No question the best Haven suite on the ship. The largest balcony and usable everyday even in bad weather. It is a bit of a hike to the Haven but the exercise is a good thing.

One tip request a door stop for the door between the bedroom and living room. It just opens everything up.

I have a S6 booked again for August.

I think he's refering to a B6 cabin.. not S6. B6 Rooms aren't part of the Haven!

Just off the 12 night cruise - M6 cabin. To us it was the perfect choice. Centrally located as yours will be also. Large balcony with lounges and chairs. Yes you can be seen from above but there is room for privacy as well. Had no complaints since we never had to fight for a lounge.... port - sun in the am, starboard on the way back.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know which cabins in the B6 cat have beds near the balcony?? Thanks for the help

That's from my reading of the deck plans. It is a bit odd that two together (9126 and 9128) both seem to have the sofa near the balcony, but I assume the deck plan is correct.

Just off the 12 night cruise - M6 cabin. To us it was the perfect choice. Centrally located as yours will be also. Large balcony with lounges and chairs. Yes you can be seen from above but there is room for privacy as well. Had no complaints since we never had to fight for a lounge.... port - sun in the am, starboard on the way back.

I love reading great reviews from those who've stayed in M6s. Can't wait for our turn...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH and I were in 9720 last Nov; I would have enjoyed the large balcony more if the weather hadn't been so cold heading south and coming north. It just wasn't worth for three nice days. (So much so that next week's BA trip, we're in a standard size balcony.) During a summer cruise I can see using it much more.

One of the other things we liked about these cabins was their close location near to the action on the Waterfront level, 6 and 7. No elevator necessary.

Our first NCL cruise, we usually prefer aft balconies for the extra size but we booked last minute and they were sold out.

Based on the size of the regular balcony, we went with the B6.

Toyed with the M6 but the price difference was too much to rationalize.

I will try to remember to share pictures when we return.

That's from my reading of the deck plans. It is a bit odd that two together (9126 and 9128) both seem to have the sofa near the balcony, but I assume the deck plan is correct.

Thank you so very much.. Toying with the idea of upgrading from a lower balcony cabin..

• 11 months later...
which is better in your opinion? the bed near the balcony or the sofa near the balcony? also, how can you tell looking at the deck plans?

It is really down to preference. We always go for the bed near the balcony because I like to be able to see outside easier when sitting on the bed, and we travel with our son and as I like to go out on the balcony at night there is less chance of disturbing him when going in and out. Obviously these may not be an issue for others.

I've heard it said that the room seems larger with the bed near the balcony, but I have never compared.

we sailed last year in 9726 and booked it again for 3/15/15. Our daughter was in the cabin next door so we got to experience both room configurations. Personally I prefer bed by the balcony. It does give you a slightly better access to the "closet" but it really comes down to personal preference.

image.jpg.cca58728d69573304b315ccb31447fbb.jpg

Edited by elliemaej