SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

Quick question - we have a PH suite on the Crown for a Coastal cruise next September (R412) I chose that one as it is on the coastal "side" when heading south from Vancouver to California. There is still an aft suite available - D737 but it is on the opposite side of the boat for the coast. As this is an aft, and I know these have the deep balconies - is that going to be an issue or is it best to just keep where we are? Can you see the coast from the inside corner of the balcony? We had a balcony when we did the NE cruise years ago and it was fascinating to go out and see each morning when we arrived in a new location. There aren't any other suite options open at this time. Glad to give the Suite Life a try - don't we all deserve it!

Correct about the nightly PES Lounge event.

AdoraBelle is sailing on the Royal... There's a physical Lounge on that ship and the Regal.

Edit: looked it up. Concierge Lounge.http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=169 Can't answer about its coffee though. Some one will advise about that soon.

Correct, we'll aware of that. Was answering the portion of the the post that said "not sure what PES is" hence the PES explanation... Her question about the lounge was separate from her comment about the PES....

The concierge lounge on Royl/Regal pales in comparison to the concierge lounges on either Celebrity or RCI - theirs are much larger, include free alcohol in the evenings, snacks, etc., along with the suite only dining experience.

Personally found the concierge lounge on Regal a wasted space. While the concierge herself was lovely(although slightly incompetent, at least with our requests, as she booked the wrong dates for our specialty dining - even with it written down, and us sitting there and correcting her she still got them wrong and had to call again and have them changed)., the space itself is dark, small, and provides limited snacks and drinks. Coffee from a multi- machine (like ones in airport lounges or such, push button for cappuccino or hot chocolate or whatnot), OJ and water...Went once and that was more than enough for us. If it was remotely comparable to Celebrity or RCI, we would use it more often... We will still book suites on there, but the concierge lounge is a wasted opportunity for Princess on those ships...

The concierge lounge on Royl/Regal pales in comparison to the concierge lounges on either Celebrity or RCI - theirs are much larger, include free alcohol in the evenings, snacks, etc., along with the suite only dining experience.

I love the concierge lounge on RCI. I'm booked next month again on the Allure. It is a real nice perk! Also nice is reserved seats at the shows.

We are booked on the Emerald next year in an aft owners suite. I hope the perks are nice.