Arriving in SJ - getting a cab

britty1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a big fan of zone fares!!

And don't forget when u LEAVE San Juan the FIRST THING you do when arriving at the airport is head for the ag bag inspection machines. Run all bags, carry on and checked, through the machines. (It is the stupidest inspection in the world...there is nothing stopping u from putting something bad in your bag after getting the inspection stickers! Totally useless inspection, but still mandatory for all bags)

If u head to airline counter without stickers, they are just going to send u back.

Don't forget the $2.00 fuel surcharge and a tip! Probably around $30-32 by the time you are done.

Last Saturday the fuel charge was $3. but even with tip, it was less than $36. for Royal and then we would probably have paid a tip on top of that! Total to airport from Pan American was $25. for two people, 3 bags and fuel charge was $25. plus $5. tip.

Arrived 10/31 on Southwest around noon. No line at all for the taxis - but, yes, you still go to the stand and tell the person where you're going and how many bags. He then handed me the list of the zone fares with the price marked.

Airport to La Concha - $19 plus tip

La Concha to Carnival pier the next morning (no slip given, but the young man at the hotel stated what the fare would be) - $19 plus tip

Save a few extra bucks by looking for someone to share a cab.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

That's how I did it; I arrived past midnight at the airport and as my plane would have been landed anyway about 11 pm I have booked a room at the convienient Airport Hotel.

Then in the morning I went to the taxi stand, where nobody except the person who worked there was around.

I waited for some more minutes until a couple from Mexiko showed up (they had their bag tags from RCI on their bags) so I asked if we can share the ride and including tip we payed 30 bucks (25 + 5) so for everyone of us a nice 10 Dollar ride !

Arrived 10/31 on Southwest around noon. No line at all for the taxis - but, yes, you still go to the stand and tell the person where you're going and how many bags. He then handed me the list of the zone fares with the price marked.

Airport to La Concha - $19 plus tip

La Concha to Carnival pier the next morning (no slip given, but the young man at the hotel stated what the fare would be) - $19 plus tip

We are staying at la concha...did u use the bus system at all into osj? I contacted the hotel and asked about it. Just wondering how that worked out...