Things YOU DO NOT KNOW about the YC2 cabins !

Shippy

I know! It's going to ruin us for anything else, right?

It's our 15th anniversary and 40th birthdays so we decided to splurge. I imagine we will regret it in years to come! ;)

Haha! Its a GREAT problem to have! Happy "Birthary", I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

That is Norwegian Cruise lines island. we had been there years before and I remember it as being VERY rocky by the water. No small rocks but big rocks. I remember not being comfortable trying to maneuver myself over them even with water shoes on so we just stayed on the ship.

it was my understanding that you would have pay for any drinks there.

Thanks for getting back to me. It's great to hear in detail how everything was on the cruise and in the yacht club. Did you get free Gelato.

Judith

• 2 months later...
...don't know if all the ships are the same.

Actually we had 12001. There are only 3 yc2 rooms on the ship. Luckily, we are flexible about when we go so I searched for when I could get this room.

This is the only non connecting one. I have always heard there can be a bit more noise with connecting ones plus you will lose something ( ? Furniture ?) where they put the connecting door. The middle yc2 is smaller than the 2 outside ones.

Our room was actually bigger than advertised. My husband has been a flooring contractor for 30 years and said the square footage was over 600sq ft. You felt like you were in an apartment .

There is NO balcony. There is a narrow walkway in front for crew if maintenance is needed but we never saw anyone out there. At about dawn, a sprinkler system hit the windows so they were always incredibly clean.

Although I am usually adamant about having a balcony.....I truly did not miss it. Coffee or a cocktail in your large living room is amazing.

A few decks straight above is the Yacht Club pool area.

It is incredibly large with many lounge chairs (nicer than on the rest of the ship).

That became my 'balcony' area. The food up there is fantastic. there is a full (free) bar up there. I was amazed how big the area was. I think if every single yacht club person was there at the same time....there would be lounge chairs to spare.

I have just booked 12001 for next February. I love the layout. I am curious about he decor. I have seen some pictures posted of the middle YC2 suite on this deck. The decoration (carpets, drapes, furniture etc.) are all shades of brown with dark brown panelling. Is it the same color scheme in 12001? Thanks for your info. I am very excited to finally do Yacht Club. Already sailed in a balcony last December and will do the same category this upcoming September. I figured for the 3rd cruise on DIVINA I may as well try Yacht club.