Mr. Sancho's vs Playa Mia

ReAnne Forcer

Does anyone know how far apart these 2 fantasies o'fun are? Mr.Sancho's is where we ultimately would like to be but I'll gladly fork over the dinero to Playa if Sancho's is too crowded. From Google Maps it looks to be right next door to each other but would like to get confirmation. I'll be dragging my 9 & 15 yo youngin's with me & it's their 1st adventure abroad so I'd like it to be memorable for them while pleasurable for me & the hubs.

So far I have

Mr.Sancho's is free

All-Inclusive is $55/adults $40/teens $35/kids

Then they have waterpark access fees & snorkel/sail add ons

Playa Mia apparently charges you just for looking at the facility (insert sarcasm)

It starts with a $30 day pass then grows with transfers, all inclusive buffet & alcoholics-in-training program.

PLUS any adventure tours

Mr.Sancho's also has a lot more tantalizing selection of libations for us grow ups, from what I've seen.

What do y'all think?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Most of the popular beach clubs are lined up next to each other along one side of the island -- Mr. S and Playa Mia are not far from each other, so no significant difference in taxi fare or the quality of the sand/water. I would go with the club that best meets your group's needs/desires.

I checked both offerings at beach tours dot com dot mx ( Beach Tours Mexico) and was able to compare the 2 offerings , they have discounts for both places and the prices are the lowest I could find.

We opted for Mr Sanchos and had a blast! I recommend the coconut shrimp, it is delicious!

Been to Mr Sanchos twice. One for the AI that I booked with Beach Tours and once on the pay as you go. Would definately go back.

And I second the Coconut Shimp :D

Playa Mia charges an admission, because it is a waterpark, versus just some inflatable toys thrown in the water like at Mr. Sanchos. (although Playa Mia, ALSO has inflatables in the water, to add to the permanent things)

Playa Mia has a pool for adults, a large, very nicely appointed kiddie pool and a double waterslide.

The beach experience will be the exact same stretch of sand as Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum, just south.

Also remember Mr. Sanchos deliniates between ala carte guest and AI guests.

The ala carte pool is a tiny older pool on one side for the people who refuse to pay for AI.

The AI side has a much nicer, newer and much larger pool for AI guests to use.

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the two to compare and contrast. (or you could just google pictures of the two.

Bill

Some Mr. Sanchos pictures..

Non-AI pool...

140-32.jpg

You can see water toys in the backround.

AI pool

SANY2431.jpg

Here is an old thread with lots of pictures from Playa Mia kiddies area, comparing Playa Mia to Paradise Beach. (which might be a consideration for you also. Basically same amenties as Mr. Sanchos, without the AI choice.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1904683

Hope that helps your research a bit.

We have been to both places. We enjoyed both places, but if I had to chose, I would rather go back to Playa Mia.

You can find my complete review from Playa Mia located in my signature line.

My review for Mr Sanchos is located HERE and starts around post #395

As far as the distance between the two...

cozumel%20close-L.jpg