Excursion with 2 children

jlfawley

Hoping to get some opinions...

Cruising with dd (9 years old). We have both been to Cozumel a few times and last time we visited Mr Sanchos.

This cruise my friend and her son (8 years old) will be joining us. This will be their first time to cozumel.

Looking for a fun place for the kids with lots of water toys. But also want somewhere the adults can have a few drinks and food and relax. I have been reading about Playa Mia and also Paradise Beach. We will probably only have a few drinks each so not sure if we really need all inclusive. Really the water toys for the kids is our main priority and any other kid/family activities. Can anybody tell me which place would be better for 8-9 year old kids. Or if there is another place better? Thanks so much!

Playa Mia sounds like a better fit for your group IMHO -- the water toys at PB are deep enough that, unless they are very stong swimmers, one of you moms might need to spend lots of time out there with the girls instead of relaxing with one more margarita. :rolleyes:

Playa Mia is the only beach club, with a dedicated kiddie pool. (and an amazing looking one at that)

Plus waterslides and adult pool.

Some other clubs have the inflatable water toys, but like was already stated, they are more for teenagers and adults to play on.

If the kids enjoyment is at the top of the wants list then Playa Mia is definitely the place...

Here is a link with cheaper prices and lunch and AI options available also.

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

And here is Playa Mia's site

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

And Mitsugirly's picture filled review of Playa Mia

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851647&page=8

Paradise Beach's website

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Bill

Playa Mia looks very nice for us. How much taxi would cost from ship to there? how long is drive?

Cost for the cab (with up to 4 passengers inside) should be about $16+tip and will take about 15 minutes. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the responses and awesome pictures. The kids area at Playa Mia looks like it might be for smaller kids. My 9 year old is almost as tall as me (5 foot 2) and has been swimming since the age of 2. (we live in South Florida and have a pool in our back yard, so swimming is a MUST).

The water toys out in the ocean do look awesome and the slides at Playa Mia look pretty cool too. Looks like it might be the one for us. Thanks again for your opinions. Think its better that Mr Sanchos? We did that one 2 years ago.

Playa Mia sounds like a better fit for your group IMHO -- the water toys at PB are deep enough that, unless they are very stong swimmers, one of you moms might need to spend lots of time out there with the girls instead of relaxing with one more margarita. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... soulds like Playa Mia might be the best fit. I dont mind spending time in the water with the kids, but not sure if I want to dedicate my entire day to it. Relaxing with a drink needs to be fit in somewhere along the day!:p

Thanks for the responses and awesome pictures. The kids area at Playa Mia looks like it might be for smaller kids. My 9 year old is almost as tall as me (5 foot 2) and has been swimming since the age of 2. (we live in South Florida and have a pool in our back yard, so swimming is a MUST).

The water toys out in the ocean do look awesome and the slides at Playa Mia look pretty cool too. Looks like it might be the one for us. Thanks again for your opinions. Think its better that Mr Sanchos? We did that one 2 years ago.

There is an adult pool and hot tub there also...

But generally people only ask about the kids...

Also check the 1st link I put in, they have AI offerings for the adults also.

Found this amusing...

Day Pass w/ Buffet w/ Open Bar Infant (under 3 yrs): $ 0.00

Bill

Playa Mia has 2 pools. There's one up by the ocean area (which is small and probably the one they first had before adding the water park).

P5120045-M.jpg

Then there's a pool right beside the kids water park and it is HUGE.

P5120182-M.jpg

IMG_0080-M.jpg

There's a bar right there behind the water park area to refill your drinks (whether they be alcohol, cola or virgins) and there's also a restroom there too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Mitsugirly - you said the outdoor water toys weren't out in the ocen when you were there - what month were you there?

We were there in May. When we signed in that day at the front desk, they just informed us that they were not putting them out that day. I'm not sure if it was because there were hardly any people there that day, if some needed repairs, or if it was because they were adding the water park playground out in the ocean. What they have now is really huge and a playground of connected things out there (from the pictures that I have seen). So, maybe they were just getting a new one because this one showed up shortly after we came back from our cruise.

We're thinking of going to Cozumel this coming December for my husbands birthday and are thinking about taking our 4 yr old son then. This would be fun for him but not sure for my husband.

What is the price to get in for Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos?

We're thinking of going to Cozumel this coming December for my husbands birthday and are thinking about taking our 4 yr old son then. This would be fun for him but not sure for my husband.

What is the price to get in for Playa Mia and Mr. Sanchos?

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

You can get varying packages from

just admission - $29.99 adult and $24.99 child

to adding lunch - $44.99 adult and $34.99 child

to adding AI - $59.99 adult. (obviously kids don't need AI...)

So for $59.99 you can get AI for the adults, when you would pay $55 for Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocum which are both next door on the same stretch of beach.

But you can also get the added value of the huge kiddie pool area for a child.

The cost of the cab ride is going to be the same to any.

Bill

Archived