Barbados Zip-line question

Boyshockeymommy

I was just wondering how restrictive they are about the weight limit on these zip line tours. I know the info says that you must be 250lbs or less, but is that just a guideline? I am 10-15lbs over that and am worried there will be a weigh in before the tour and I will be embarrassed when they tell me I can't go......... Also, I don't want the lines to break............. LOL

The weight limitation is usually there to ensure that folks who wish to participate are able to be harnessed safely. I would suggest that you email the operator directly with your questions. Only they can truly tell you how they will handle your situation.

Haven't been on the zipline in Barbados. But over the years, I have been in several other countries. I have been weighed for virtually all of them, even though I weigh between 125-135 depending on my current dieting status :-) So I think they could tell by looking at me that I was obviously below the weight limit. But they weighed me anyway and logged it in their notebook. Sometimes I was weighed after I had all the gear on me which adds quite a few pounds!

I recommend contacting the tour company directly. Ask them what happens to your deposit if you weigh in and you don't meet their requirements.

• 3 weeks later...