What is boarding time for Adventure of the Seas

Travelw

For people that sailed in last couple months, what time were you able to board? Normally we like to go early to enjoy the day. I read a couple of reviews that RCCL was not letting people board until 1 PM.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

For people that sailed in last couple months, what time were you able to board? Normally we like to go early to enjoy the day. I read a couple of reviews that RCCL was not letting people board until 1 PM.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Was on Adventure in January 2014 and it was about 12:30 before we were able to board. You will find out that debarkation lasts until approximately

11:30 therefore they can not board anyone until after this time. They stretch out debarkation due to customs. There were only three custom agents on duty and they didn't want a large backup in the luggage area. if you are flying Southwest, the line at the airport can be quite long. None of this bothered us in the least, it is just the facts. Embarkation and debarkation is not as timely as in some other ports.

I think to get a true picture you need to know when people arrived and when they boarded;).

We arrived at 10:40am and were on board by 11am. At Puerto Rico, it is usually advised to be very early or late, because the lines grow very quickly and signs are not clear (two lines - one to drop luggage off and other to enter terminal). But I look at is as I am paying for that day, so I'm on board as early as possible;)

Sailed this past December on Adventure. We arrived at the terimal around 10:30 and they opened the doors to the terminal just after 11 to start the check in process. Got our seapasses within 10 minutes of entering the terminal and sat in another waiting area for only about 15 minutes after getting them. Overall we were onboard around 11:30. We found out there was a minor glitch in the previous weeks debark for we probably would have been on even earlier if not for that.

It all depends on how long customs take to get the passengers off the ship. On our last cruise out of San Juan, the ship had just returned from Europe and it took several hours. We arrived at he pier around 11 and didn't board until 2pm. Luckily, we had a seat in the terminal because we were in a JS. There were hundreds of people standing in line outside in the heat for several hours.

That being said, we're on AOS in 3 weeks and will again get to the terminal by 11 hoping it'll be faster this tine.

We sailed the AOS on the 19th of January. We were at the terminal by 11:15am and the lines to enter were slowly growing. We had priority check-in so our line was a little shorter (but not by much after an hour!) They were passing out notices that basically said they were taking a little longer than normal to clear the ship. Someone heard that they had to do a little "extra cleaning" from one of the staff, another had heard that the headcount for disembarking guests was off. (typical chatter/rumor mill fodder)

The lines started moving by about 12:15 or so and we were through the terminal and onboard by about 12:30.

Our rooms were still ready by 1pm though so we didn't have to lug around our carry ons any further than to the Windjammer for lunch!

When cruising (regardless of the port) we simply check-out of our hotel at the usual time of 11am and head directly to the cruise terminal. Sometimes we walk right on and sometimes we have to wait a few minutes (usually never more than an hour). No biggie for us because by then we are on island time! :D

Edited by Messunderstood