Luggage question

Inkah

For those of you who carry on the max amount of water/soda-- what do you use to carry it on ? I am a weakling so lugging all that water is going to be rough if I have to throw it over my shoulder in a bag. Will a rolling suitcase work?

For those of you who carry on the max amount of water/soda-- what do you use to carry it on ? I am a weakling so lugging all that water is going to be rough if I have to throw it over my shoulder in a bag. Will a rolling suitcase work?

We use a collapsable duffel bag with wheels. It flattens out pretty good and fits in one of our larger suitcases if we have to fly to our embarkation port.

I used a gym bag once, and after picking it up and setting it down over and over as we waited in line to check in, then to get on the ship, I went and bought this cheapie roller duffel to bring on our drinks.

We then use it to carry anything that we didn't pack in our suitcases the night before debarkation (toiletries and clothes) off the ship. It was cheap enough at the local discount store that if we couldn't get it back in one of the suitcases for the flight home, discarding it wouldn't be too painful.

Rolling case will work buy why not get the water on board , its a little more $$ but why knock yourself out before your cruise starts?

Rolling case will work buy why not get the water on board , its a little more $$ but why knock yourself out before your cruise starts?

That's what I would do. The difference in price probably isn't all that great to justify lugging water around. Also, they make all their bathing and drinking water on board, so you couldn't get water purer while cruising.

That's what I would do. The difference in price probably isn't all that great to justify lugging water around. Also, they make all their bathing and drinking water on board, so you couldn't get water purer while cruising.

Not always..... I have been on cruises where the desalinated water still had enough salt in it to make it taste salty and make one thirstier .....

Rolling suitcases will work just fine. That's what I use for my soda. I use a medium sized suitcase, about 24 inches long. Too large for airport carry-ons, but just fine for cruise carry-ons. I put my individual soda cans in the front pocket, to make it easy if security wants to check them. The only tricky part for you might be having to lift it up to send it through the scanner, then bringing it back down. Other than that, 2 fingers and hardly any effort is all you need to carry it on. Even if rooms aren't ready yet, find a nice spot on lido deck, and take turns going to the buffet (or go up to the free pasta bar on Deck 11--my recommendation for the first day), and just relax until rooms are ready. With so little effort needed to carry it on, I cannot see any reason to purchase on board instead of carrying on.

Edited by k2excursion

We just add a pack to each carryon. Usually bring enough for a couple of waters and a couple of sodas for each. For a family of 5 one pack of water or 12 pack of soda costs as much as a single water or soda onboard so it's more than a little price difference. Plus, we can have what we want.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

We just add a pack to each carryon. Usually bring enough for a couple of waters and a couple of sodas for each. For a family of 5 one pack of water or 12 pack of soda costs as much as a single water or soda onboard so it's more than a little price difference. Plus, we can have what we want.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Couldn't agree with you more. Bottle of water in room is now $4.95 plus 15%. Pop is 1.95 plus 15%.

Rolling suitcases will work just fine. That's what I use for my soda. I use a medium sized suitcase, about 24 inches long. Too large for airport carry-ons, but just fine for cruise carry-ons. I put my individual soda cans in the front pocket, to make it easy if security wants to check them. The only tricky part for you might be having to lift it up to send it through the scanner, then bringing it back down. Other than that, 2 fingers and hardly any effort is all you need to carry it on. Even if rooms aren't ready yet, find a nice spot on lido deck, and take turns going to the buffet (or go up to the free pasta bar on Deck 11--my recommendation for the first day), and just relax until rooms are ready. With so little effort needed to carry it on, I cannot see any reason to purchase on board instead of carrying on.

Just like we do it other than we get FTTF.

Have seen people with the metal luggage carts. They just pull them thru customs and right on the ship. But if you put in each bag you will have to pull it out of each bag for Carnival to check the liquids. (carts collapse for easy storage on the ship)