Pre-Trip Blog and Review: Carnival Dream 2/15/14 – Western Caribbean

UTVolsFan4Life

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

Here is where I took most of the pictures from. I leaned over and laid down under the screen. I am sure some people where real happy to see my butt. LOL

IMG_3244.JPG

Now, that we were back on the ship it was time to check out our friend next to us, the Celebrity Equinox.

IMG_3245.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3247.JPG

It took us a while to recover from the day. We enjoyed our balcony for a while and slowly got ready for dinner. I was already starting to get sore from the “Belize Stairmaster” so we were moving kind of slowly.

As usual, we requested to be seated in Sam section and we were surprised when a table as available. It was a nice table for two; however I believe that the host was confused on where Sam’s section ended as we found out that we were not in his section, but just one table over too far. We had another very nice set of wait staff. They were on the ball with saying our names and knowing about Cynthia’s special request and allergies, everything was up to par except, this team was just not as quick as Sam and his team.

The one thing that I loved about Sam is that in the little bit of free time that he had, he came to check on us to make sure we were OK and taken care of. We were not his responsibility but he cared enough to check with us.

Now for the menu

007.jpg

008.jpg

Cynthia stated with the asparagus vichyssoise. I ordered a starter of the lasagna bolognese and the oysters rockefeller.

IMG_3268.JPG

IMG_3267.JPG

Cynthia and I thought that the asparagus vichyssoise was better than the cucumber dill but it did not rank up there with our most favorite soups. I really liked the lasagna Bolognese. It’s a good thing since it looks like they brought out a main course portion as compared to the starter portion.

There is no picture of the oysters Rockefeller because I have no clue what happened to them but they never made it to the table. That upset me a little bit, but life goes on.

For our main course, Cynthia wanted some lasagna but they did not have any gluten free lasagna noodles so they made her a similar pasta instead. She like it but she did not each much of it because she is not a big mushroom fan an there were just too many chopped up mushrooms in the dish for her. Also, because she loved the grilled red snapper fillet that they prepared for her in case she did not like the pasta. I hardly got a taste of the snapper and it was gone. I on the other hand decided to try the vegetarian entrée of cinnamon pumpkin, squash, yam and cheddar cheese pie. It was good and I really liked it but it was just not that filling. I was glad to help Cynthia finish her pasta.

IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

I was glad we were able to see a show in the dining room. Here is a little video:

I was once again horrible at taking desert photos. Cynthia was really looking forward to her desert for tonight as she had requested a special coconut dish. It was going to be interesting to see what she received. Let’s just say, it was a disaster, not even worthy of a picture. The chef made her some type of coconut rice pudding. We will give an A+ for effort, but it tasted horrible. I had the pumpkin pie with ice cream and it was nice.

After dinner is sort of a blur for me, I think we might have gone to have some pictures taken but we did not stay up much longer. We did not make it to the spa that night.

We were worn out

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

That's all for tonight. Next, is the highly anticipated day 5 in Roatan, Honduras.

Edited by UTVolsFan4Life
Fix Video

Thanks sooooooo much again for all the great photos of your cruise. I am going on a 'Girls Only' cruise with my BFF (no hubbies with us:D) in April on PCL-Caribbean Princess. We plan to go on the excursion to Altun Ha Mayan Ruins through PCL. I gather their tour will be similar to CCL's. Anyhow, looking through all your photos of the ruins has made me even more excited to see them!!!! You did such a great job with all the close-up and angles of your photos of each of the ruins. I felt as if I was there with you.

Sooooooooo looking forward to reading more about your cruise on the Dream. I can't wait to go on the Dream with my DH in Dec.!

Ohhhhhhh BTW....sorry your wife hurt her ankle while touring the ruins, but I wanted to give you (and everyone) a quick suggestion that might help in case that happened again.

While camping in the forest...I twisted my ankle and we didn't have any type of Ace bandages to bind my ankle to give is support and help with the pain....but we did have some duct tape with us. So I just bound up my ankle thickly with the duct tape over my sock and it gave it great support. So from now on...we always carry a roll of duct tape (that is almost gone) in our backpacks when we go on hikes, etc. Just in case someone twist their ankle. Plus you NEVER know when you might need it of other things while hiking or walking around. I know many folks take duct tape on cruises...so thought I would just suggest to take a bit with in a backpack for emergencies.

Hope Cynthia's ankle didn't hurt her too long.

Edited by monakayk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kenyon and Cynthia! Words can barely describe how appreciative I am for your time and efforts that have gone into this amazing review so far! Wow, such detail. Thank you so much. I really admire y'all's passion for cruising and the fun you have together. I was especially interested in seeing photos of the ship itself as I will be aboard her twice this year. I booked the 10/25/14 Halloween sailing last year in November and just booked the 4/14/14 sailing on a whim Thursday of last week. And get this! I'll be doing the 4/14/14 sailing as my first ever cruise SOLO! I'm so excited! I got a pretty good single rate on a balcony guarantee, which ended up being a Cove Balcony. That's cool too. I think I'll like being closer to the water.

My specific interest in seeing pics of the ship was to see if there is an Alchemy Martini Bar...but I fear there is not one as I saw no pics or mention of it in your review. :( I simply love the Alchemy Bar! Oh well..

Thank you again and again. And I wish you and Cynthia many more wonderful cruises and a happy healthy life! :)

Best regards,

Barbara

• 4 weeks later...

Just spent a couple hours reading and enjoying your photos and review, and disappointed to find that you haven't posted in over a month. Hope all is okay...Will you be back to finish your review?

Edited by katswt

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

I'm sorry for not being around for such a long time. I have not forgotten about everyone. Unfortunately, I have developed a Repetitive Motion Injury on my left wrist. It was so bad that I started not being able to make it through the work day without being in sever pain. The good news is I have been doing some therapy and over time it's relieving the pain and inflammation so, I am hopeful that maybe in the next week or two that I can come back an finish this blog once and for all.

Kenyon

Dang, Kenyon!! So good to hear from you and glad you are OK. Sorry to hear of your wrist issues but glad it was nothing worse. Had me thinking you had literally dropped off into the Bermuda triangle or sumthin'.....LOL

When you are back to it, can't wait to read the rest of your review and see your pics. It has been long enough now that I am craving another cruise. November and The Pride seem so, so far away!

• 1 month later...

I am booked on the Dream in November and although I have been on the Dream on two other sailings your review has been great. Loved all the pictures, menus etc.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share them with all of us:D:D:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to thank you for the review...we were actually on that ship w/you guys and did remember seeing you and your wife :) Had fun looking at all the pictures and remembering what a nice time we had....thanks for the review from Paradise...we are going on another Western in November 2014 and helped to make a decision to try that beach out this time. Hope you are feeling better...

Beth

• 1 month later...