Pre-Trip Blog and Review: Carnival Dream 2/15/14 – Western Caribbean

UTVolsFan4Life

Me too! We sail the Dream at the end of March! Great review so far! Can you tell me what night was your second formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi. The second formal night for this sailing was on Thursday, day we were at Costa Maya. Had to be back on the ship by I believe 2 so it worked out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is bringing back lots of good memories...we were on the Dream (same itinerary) Feb. 1-8, 2014! I even recognized Stella in your picture of the Meet & Greet bar staff. She was great!

Great review and I will continue to follow your adventure!

Thanks so much for your review of the Dream. I will be on her for the first time on April 14th. I also love the picture of the moon reflecting on the water. I was always go to the back of the ship and watch the reflection, so peaceful :)

Great Job! Thanks so much for taking the time to post such an excellent review! Having the deck plan open in one window and using your guided picture tour of the ship - I feel I've been led on a personal virtual tour. You've also pointed out a few websites with great information that I didn't know about before. Thanks! :)

Our next stop was to the second level of the Crimson Dining Room on Deck 4. I cannot stress the importance of anyone with a special diet taking the time to meet with the special needs team to make sure your meals are handled correctly. This is also the line to make dinning changes so the line was quite long when we got there. To me, it did not make since to have this at the Crimson Dining Room as the line was so long that it was interfering with anyone that wanted to walk up the stairs.

I don't usually post, just lurk. My wife will occasionally post. Just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your review and especially the special diet part. :) Just recently found out I have kidney disease and have been put on special diet. We will be cruising on the Dream out of NOLA in December and so your review is especially helpful. We will definitely be looking up Marketa if she is still on board.

Thanks Again,

Kenny

For desert, we both had the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake with two ice creams. For our special dietary friends, a special note that I forgot to mention about the previous day. Please forgive me as I don’t quite know all the differences in vegan to vegetarian to some of the other types. Cynthia explained that she did not eat meat, but would eat fish. I am not sure what they marked down for her because our head waiter came to us on the first night telling her that she could not have the gluten free Melting Cake. That sounded strange to me so I asked why and he said because the chef informed him that it was made with eggs. We let our head waiter know that she eats eggs and that it was OK for him to bring her one.

Dinner Wrap Up: It was the best service I have ever received on a ship. Sam and his team did a more than excellent job. I expected service to be a little slower since it was formal night, but Sam and the team did a great job in making sure everything went smoothly. The team was very good regarding Cynthia’s requirements. We loved Sam’s sense of humor. We will be back to see Sam tomorrow night.

We wanted to try to make it to one of the Family Friendly Comedy Shows but based on the time we would not make it. So, we decided to try it see it another night. We went up to Pixels Gallery to take a look at the pictures taken from the previous day. We loved the pictures, but there was one problem. A stain that we did not detect on Cynthia’s shirt, oh but the camera did and that ruined almost all the pictures that day. There were two pictures that she was positioned where the stain could not be seen and we kept those up on the board for potential purchase later in the week.

We headed back to the room and decided that there was only one thing left that we wanted to do for the day…Cloud 9 Spa After getting checked in we headed for the pool. As soon as I stepped in, I knew something was wrong. The water was supposed to be body temperature, was certainly was not. Cynthia and I got out of the pool and I went to the front desk to ask for someone to please check the pool as it was uncomfortably hot. I came back to the pool and started slowly making my way back into the pool. A few minutes later, a nice engineer came to check on the pool. He found that it was 106.5 degrees. He left for a few minutes and then came back to let us know that he had fixed the problem but that it would take a little bit of time to the temperature to come back down. We stayed in as long as we could and then decided it was time for something where we could relax. We had a quick rinse and then headed into the Tepidarium. This had to be my favorite room in the spa area. After relaxing for a while a check of the time indicated that the spa would be closing soon. We rinsed off again and then headed into the relaxation area for some water and tea before we headed back to our room.

I stepped out on our balcony and I loved how the moonlight was reflecting down on the water. I tried to take a few pictures but it just does not do it any justice.

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2750.JPG

It’s about 10:30 PM and we are ready for bed. We are excited for a big day in Cozumel tomorrow.

IMG_2748.JPG

Up Next: Day 3 Cozumel and Paradise Beach

FYI - we had some pictures taken and there was a blemish on the finished product. We asked the Pixels desk and they said that they could fix it if we would give them until the next day. Sure enough, we went back the next day and the photo was perfect and there was no extra charge. Needless to say we loved it.

He will be back, these things take a lot of time and effort to do. Not to mention going on with normal life, especially after having been gone for over a week. I know what it's like for me when I get back to work and life. Have faith!

NUTS! I just spent an hour reading this and at the end it IS the end. :( We sailed the Dream on one of her only 3 voyages (maiden) from NY before she went to FL and I am trying to remember and relive! :eek: OP, hope everything is okay with you and your DW.