Pre-Trip Blog and Review: Carnival Dream 2/15/14 – Western Caribbean

UTVolsFan4Life

Looking forward to the rest of your review, we are on the Dream in June out of NO. Hope to see lots of pictures of the cruise ship.. Have a great cruise and a safe trip to Florida.. I know you and your wife are looking forward to getting away.;)

My goal is to get up early a few mornings so that I can take as many pictures of the ship as possible. I hope I can make it happen.

Have a blast! I love the Dream. Great ship!!!!! Wave as you pass Jacksonville FL....we're from there.

We will be a little far to way going down. I think we are going to take 75 to the turnpike. On the way back we might do the 95, 10, 75 route so we will wave to you then if we ride through. :D

The out of office is turned on and I am shutting down everything work related. It's official.... I'M ON VACATION!!!!!! :D

I called Cynthia and she is on the way home. As soon as she gets home we will grab some dinner rather quickly and then get everything done as soon as possible.

We want to leave early in the morning so, we need to try to get to bed early tonight and a least try to get some sleep.

I'll talk with y'all later, I got a cruise ship to catch. ;)

Our work for tonight is just about done. Our main suitcase is packed, but not in the car yet. We have done just about all we can do on carry-ons until after getting ready for the day in the morning.

The Carnival craft project has been completed and ready to be attached to the suitcases.

Our emergency packet that I leave with my Mom is ready for her.

Important Documents are in hand and ready to go.

I have cleaned out my wallet of my debit card and any card not needed for this trip.

I have called the credit card company to set a travel alert for my account.

I have completed our three ring binder.

Cynthia has just laid down for the night and while I was hopeful to get a few more things done tonight, I am fading fast.

Good night everybody, I cannot wait to get down to Port Canaveral.

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Valentine's Day. My body just did not want to settle down last night and I was up this morning about 15 minutes before my first alarm was set to go off. I have made great use of that time.

Cynthia is still sleeping and I will let her sleep about another 30 minutes while I do a few things around the house and get breakfast ready. After breakfast, it's time to do all the last minute things and then get on the road.

It's hard to believe that this time last year we were on our first cruise getting addicted to cruising. Here is a Throwback to last Valentine's Day:

IMG_0467.JPG

For those that may not recognize the location, this is the beautiful Half Moon Cay. Of our past cruises, this is my favorite port so far and I would love to see her again some day.

When I return, I will give you a detailed review of our Pre-Cruise Day as well as Embarkation Day. So, for today and tomorrow, I will check-in every once and a while to give an update. These will be quick updates and then when I return you will get all the details of each day.

It will be time to wake Cynthia up before I know it so, I need to get working on some breakfast. I will be back later with an update!

So glad you made to PC but could you maybe post some pictures of the nice nice weather that you might be having, seeing some nice weather might help us up here in the north with all this white stuff where it might not be melted til June.;)

So glad you made to PC but could you maybe post some pictures of the nice nice weather that you might be having, seeing some nice weather might help us up here in the north with all this white stuff where it might not be melted til June.;)

The weather has been awesome today. I will try to see if I can take some tomorrow from my mobile phone and post them. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Oh thank you, will watch you on the sail away today, wave to us..LOL I know ours is 113 days out but reading your review is getting us excited.:D

Have a great trip...

We are getting more snow today, I know it will be June before it all melts..:(

Edited by Granny1

Thanks for all the well wishes. We made it on the ship! It was easy peezy. We have been to the room, thanks FTTF. Now, we are waiting for our gluten free pasta.

If I don't get a chance to post again, I will see everyone next week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app