Good St Martin excursions..

malacajo

First of all I apologize for starting a new thread, I searched and it kept taking me to posts that had nothing to do with St Martin....We did St M in 2012 and did not have a good day. We did no excursion and swore that next time we would have to have something planned. Ideas?? Thanks in advance:)

we did the butterfly excursion...hands on...informative.....

its not a 4 year old chase the butterfly kind of place...

and hopefully not too many ships will be docked and arriving close to your excursion here

they took us shopping afterwards then back to the ship area

we enjoyed it

If you want a comprehensive tour of the island, with a nice balance of beach time (Orient Beach - clothed part), time in the French capital, and time on Maho Beach to see the planes land (look this up on youtube to see what the excitement is all about), then you can't go wrong with Bernard's tours. It's a great value for the price, and it's a reputable and highly recommended private tour company.

If you want a comprehensive tour of the island, with a nice balance of beach time (Orient Beach - clothed part), time in the French capital, and time on Maho Beach to see the planes land (look this up on youtube to see what the excitement is all about), then you can't go wrong with Bernard's tours. It's a great value for the price, and it's a reputable and highly recommended private tour company.

I just started looking into Bernard's Tours a few min ago! Wow, great reviews there...I think this is what we'll do! Last time we went on our own, people were not friendly, it was not a good day at all...This sounds so much better, thank you so much!

We did the Golden Eagle catamaran excursion through RCL after reading lots of great reviews of it on these boards. We LOVED it!!!!! It was the most perfect day. "We" are my parents (58) and DH and I (late 20s). It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Sailing, swimming in the gorgeous water, jumping off the catamaran, swimming up to the secluded beach to get a drink (all drinks are included). We even went by Maho beach and saw a plane come in over us! It left us with beautiful family memories we'll cherish forever. We're hoping to be back on the Allure in a few years and we'll definitely do it again.

First of all I apologize for starting a new thread, I searched and it kept taking me to posts that had nothing to do with St Martin....We did St M in 2012 and did not have a good day. We did no excursion and swore that next time we would have to have something planned. Ideas?? Thanks in advance:)

You will have better luck searching on the St. Maarten forum for excursion ideas. This thread is being moved there now.

Just for another idea, we rented a car. I have done this often. St. Maarten is easy to drive around, and you can go where you want for as long as you want. You can rent right at the port. We went to Maho to watch the planes at the Sunset Beach Bar. You can continue to Marigot, which is beautiful, go to any of the beaches, etc. Go at your own pace and see what you want.

Just a thought.

Just for another idea, we rented a car. I have done this often. St. Maarten is easy to drive around, and you can go where you want for as long as you want. You can rent right at the port. We went to Maho to watch the planes at the Sunset Beach Bar. You can continue to Marigot, which is beautiful, go to any of the beaches, etc. Go at your own pace and see what you want.

Just a thought.

That's a great idea. Did you have to book the car in advance or just walk up? Which company did you rent from? TIA.