Mini Suite equivalent on NCL and Celebrity

dspmaster

HI,

We have been a loyal Princess customer for the past 10 cruises. Slowly we moved from balcony to mini suite. Now we decided to try NCL, Celebrity and maybe other cruise lines that are in the same price range or slightly more expansive. When comparing the various cruise lines, we learned that mini suite is quite unique product. It is also hard to compare since some cruise lines for example state cabin size including balcony while others provide just the room size without balcony (we are OK with small balcony but want bigger room, like in Princess). We would like to hear from other Princess mini suite users about their experience on other cruise lines

HI,

We have been a loyal Princess customer for the past 10 cruises. Slowly we moved from balcony to mini suite. Now we decided to try NCL, Celebrity and maybe other cruise lines that are in the same price range or slightly more expansive. When comparing the various cruise lines, we learned that mini suite is quite unique product. It is also hard to compare since some cruise lines for example state cabin size including balcony while others provide just the room size without balcony (we are OK with small balcony but want bigger room, like in Princess). We would like to hear from other Princess mini suite users about their experience on other cruise lines

Haven't sailed Celebrity since 2006, so some things may have changed, but we booked a sky suite (equivalent to a mini) on two different M class ships. I like the layout of X's mini better and it is just a tad bigger than mini's on Princess. We were also lucky in that one of the mini's was adjacent to the PH suite. It was designed to be an extra room for the PH so it was decorated differently than other mini's. It also had the biggest bathroom I've ever seen in any mini. The other minis we've had were at the bump out of the ship so our balconies were much bigger. Nice thing about mini's on Celebrity, again my experience is a little dated, is that their sky (mini suite) has butler service.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We also prefer the size of the mini-suite on Princess. There used to be mini-suites on the Gem and Jade as we booked one in 2008. I'm not sure if they still exist and we have gone with the penthouse aft suites on NCL to get the perks. My first question on Celebrity's board was about a mini-suite and I got 0 answers. After more research, I found out that there is no such cabin size on Celebrity. We have decided to go with the Sky Suites if we are on Celebrity.We like the extra room a mini provides and the couch and coffee table as well as extra storage and bathtub.

For years we cruised on X in a "CC" cabin category, feeling it was the closest to a mini. On the newer X ships, the Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette the cabins are basically all the same, below the suite category, we have cruised in Aqua class, CC and a balcony cabin... basically all the same. Location is the only difference and cabin amenities, i.e., especially in Aqua class. We did not feel the amenities were worth it so we have booked a balcony on your next Silhoutte cruise. We were not impressed with BLU the restraurant connected with the Aqua class cabins. We tried it because we did not really care for the MDR on the newer ships either. For X we prefer the buffet.

We cruised on the Jade, NCL, last year in a mini. We felt it was nicely layed out and actually had more space then Princess mini. That was about the only real plus for the Jade over a Princess ship. We enjoyed our cabin and balcony so a plus for us, since NCL is a lot cheaper. We did not feel food, service or entertainment on board compared to other lines we cruise which includes Princess, Celebrity, HAL and Cunard.

We were upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a mini suite on the Norwegian Epic. The bathroom area was certainly larger than a standard balcony room on that ship mainly due to the fact that there was a tub. The rest of the room may have been slightly larger but I would never have paid the extra money for that little bit of extra room but that is just me. The standard balcony rooms on that ship already have a full couch, unlike those on Princess, so the difference between a balcony and mini did not seem substantial on the Epic.

I have only seen the mini suites on the Royal Princess, I personally didn't notice much difference between the overall size of that room and my mini on the Epic. Both felt completely adequate to me but I would also have been perfectly content with the space in a standard balcony on both ships. A small room has just never been a problem for me, I thought our inside on the Royal Princess was plenty spacious for a cruise ship stateroom. The balcony on the Epic mini was definitely larger than the one on the Royal that I saw.