sailing out of miami but want to fly to fortlauderdale

beachchairs2

some great advice here...

I am surprised that Herz has not cleaned up their act....seems the logical thing to do, drive to mia, turn in the car, take cab to port...but not if it is so difficult to use highway, to find herz car rental and then spend all that time trying to get rid of the car....

as for the train...sounds interesting..but seems a bit of a hassle unless I am not informed...

so you rent a car in fll...enjoy your stay ...then take a cab to the train? get to miami, take a cab from the train to the port?...seems costly and very time consuming....

I had similar experience on the Ports of Call boards.:rolleyes:

I am looking for transportation from Port Everglades to PBI (West Palm Beach airport) after our cruise on the Constellation. People on the POC board want me to rent a car and drive. I don't want to rent or drive. :eek:

Looking for a service that will pick us up from cruise in Port Everglades and take us to PBI. If you know of one, please post. :)

our cruise next year is out of miami....unfortunately...

we love fort lauderdale...

so the plan is to fly to fort laud, where we will rent a car for a day or two....

has anyone else stayed in ft laud but sailed out of miami....

what is the easiest/cheapest way to do that?

Rent a car or take a van to Miami the morning of the cruise.

SAS transportation is a wonderful shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale to the Miami port. $15 pp and a very efficient, punctual, customer oriented service. We also flew into Fort Lauderdale, rented a car and stayed at condo in Pompanp Beach, returned the car to the Ft Lauderdale airport where we were picked up by SAS to Miami port. After the cruise we arranged with them to shuttle us back to Fort Lauderdale airport for flight home.

That $65 from Miami airport to Miami port is highway robbery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale for our Reflection cruise on the 1st. Checked with Alamo and they do provide shuttle service from Miami Airport to the cruise terminals. I believe it cost me about $65.00 total

where did you return the car in miami...the rental set up is not the same there as in fll....

where did you return the car in miami...the rental set up is not the same there as in fll....

All of the car rental agencies at the MIA airport are located together in the sort of new (couple of years) airport rental center. As mentioned Alamo, National and Thrifty offer free shuttles from their MIA airport location to POM -- which means you do not get to enjoy the "fun" of driving in downtown Miami traffic. :rolleyes:

The car rental for one day was $65.00 ( picked up in FLL and dropped off in MIA). The shuttle was free.

I'm picking up a mid size car from Alamo next Sunday at FLL and will drop it at MIA the next day then ride the shuttle over to the POM. My total cost of the rental will be $23.77.

now that indeed is very helpful....and we would use sas to get back to fll airport....

thank you everyone...and of course now we all have new info...didnt know that mia has finally built a rental centre near airport....not downtown...

thanks again....

The search function is even more helpful. All the answers are there and it is very simple to use.

searching now.....

a lot of people are very confused...

most say it was a terrible experience, returning cars in Mia....

have a year to figure out the best way...

Returning cars to the MIA airport is easy -- returing cars to a downtown Miami location during morning rush hour traffic is not so fun. :o

[quote name='patty1955']We're flying into FLL next week for a cruise out of Miami. We're renting a car from sixt ($33 a day) and staying in a Days Inn. It doesn't get much cheaper than that.[/QUOTE]
Be careful. A cheap Days Inn in South Florida can be quite dangerous.