Sailing while pregnant

stass1

As the title suggests I'm currently expecting. I've just booked a four night cruise on P&O to Moreton Island (not thrilled to be cruising P&O but it was the only one sailing during our week off) on March 10. At the time of the cruise I will be about 12 weeks and a bit anxious about cruising while pregnant. Has anyone cruised while pregnant, anything to watch for?

The closest I've come to cruising while pregnant is catching the overnight ferry from Melbourne to Tasmania and back a week later. Not quite the same of course, but I was 7 months pregnant. No dramas for me at that stage, but I think I would have found it harder at 12 weeks. I had terrible nausea for the first 5 months of the pregnancy, so I probably wouldn't have tried it then. I think provided you aren't suffering from nausea you should be fine.

As the title suggests I'm currently expecting. I've just booked a four night cruise on P&O to Moreton Island (not thrilled to be cruising P&O but it was the only one sailing during our week off) on March 10. At the time of the cruise I will be about 12 weeks and a bit anxious about cruising while pregnant. Has anyone cruised while pregnant, anything to watch for?

Not only did I cruise while pregnant but we did a 8 week around the world holiday. (UK Europe & US from Perth). We cruised as part of the trip.

I was about 13 weeks when we started. This was a first pregnancy. The only concerns were what clothes to pack as I didn't know how big I would get. In the end I stayed fairly small & still fitted in all my clothes.

We did a 7 day cruise around the Caribbean. The hardest part was not being able to have a wine at dinner. I felt really good on the cruise & slept very comfortable. I really enjoyed the food & I had an excuse for the amount I ate as I was eating for 2.

My daughter is now 14 and we have traveled with her since she was 5 months old.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Kind of. I cruised with an eptopic pregnancy. My ob was upset as my tubes could have burst whilst at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you know it was ectopic when you cruised? I can't imagine taking the risk. Life threatening I believe.

No. Found out I was pregnant just before the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ah ok. Makes sense. No wonder your OB was relieved all was ok on the cruise. But obviously difficult afterwards.

I'm thinking by 12 weeks that issue would have been known.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

My morning sickness has been very manageable at this stage, I get tired more than anything else.

I went with a balcony so I'm hoping access to fresh air will help any issues.

Yep by 12-13 weeks an ectopic would have been discovered, I'm booked in for a scan the week before we go.