Whats going on with Epic?

jackjia199637

I am seeing extremely low prices for the balcony, as low as $469 directly on NCL's website for 7 night western, and the TA are offering even lower prices. Are they having a very hard time selling that ship? Or that the ship is bad that no one wants to return to it?

I booked Getaway for close to $999 for the large balcony(since the normal one is so small on breakaway class) on the same week and really regret it now. :( Should have just booked EPIC instead.

Needless to say, after the price dropping like flies, I will never book early ever again. I will simply get air ticket early and book last minute since there are so many options with cruiselines with even more large and better ships coming in next year. Cruiselines are really burying them selves like this.

I've always managed to find good deals on EPIC even before getaway and breakaway... Not sure why, maybe the question should be - why is Breakaway/getaway so expensive?

The TA as a reposition cruise often gets heavily discounted, my cruise fare was only $500 for a studio which is daylight robbery for 11 nights especially when I booked in July last year... my med cruise way back we got a balcony for around $450... I think for some reason EPIC doesn't sell well, but I love it!

I am seeing extremely low prices for the balcony, as low as $469 directly on NCL's website for 7 night western, and the TA are offering even lower prices. Are they having a very hard time selling that ship? Or that the ship is bad that no one wants to return to it?

I booked Getaway for close to $999 for the large balcony(since the normal one is so small on breakaway class) on the same week and really regret it now. :( Should have just booked EPIC instead.

Needless to say, after the price dropping like flies, I will never book early ever again. I will simply get air ticket early and book last minute since there are so many options with cruiselines with even more large and better ships coming in next year. Cruiselines are really burying them selves like this.

What dates are you talking about?

March Sailing dates

I just checked and in April you can get a balcony for $419. That is about the same price as the Sky. INCREDIBLE They should call it a half price sale. Even the Haven is discounted. I saw the aft penthouse for $1500 pp. WOW

Very tempting. I may be booking something!!!

Edited by david_sobe

I just checked and in April you can get a balcony for $419. That is about the same price as the Sky. INCREDIBLE

Very tempting. I may be booking something!!!

Yep incredible and tempting. BUT I'm one of what seems to be quite a few who is not interested in mega ships. A great price improves your cruising experience because you have more $$$$ to enjoy other activities so it can be a winning combination. However, if you have ever found yourself on a cruise where you counted the days until it was over the lower price on a ship that doesn't interest you will not likely entice you.

For those who don't have to factor in air fare, etc. and love the idea of a large floating hotel they should take full advantage of the low fares and have a wonderful cruise:)

April too. 379 pp in a balcony on the Epic.

If we were sure we'd be in florida then, we'd book. But we probably will be home before Easter.

We are going to look at houses/condos to buy to spend the winter in. Close to cruise ports...LOL