Live from the Explorer - February 16, 2014

Does royal Caribbean not give priority tendering to suite guests? Just wondering as we just got off breakaway yesterday and was given priority tendering at their island. Looking at the explorer for this summer and wondering difference in suite perks. Thanks

Yes, Love2plan you will get priority tender tickets. We did not receive ny for Coco Cay as they use the large boats stored at the island. Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Forums mobile app

Jonathan, can you confirm if there were in fact 2 formal nights? Just trying to pack accordingly :)

Hi Kmigrrrl, Yes there were two formal nights the second and sixth night of the 7-night Bahamas cruise. Jonathan

Love your review. It was fantastic. We love the Explorer. Looking forward to reading more of your reviews.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thank You Lovetocruiserccl, I will be posting pictures and a full review to this thread starting tomorrow. Jonathan

Goodbye Polar Vortex and New Jersey

12774989645_d589219a7d_z.jpg

Muster Drill in the books let's get this Party Started!

12775156773_d359026dd2_c.jpg

Follow that ship, the NCL Breakaway leads way to the tropics..

12775485924_6e360bfec8_c.jpg

Buh-Bye Bayonne, Hello Bahamas - Explorer anchored off of Coco Cay

12775569805_c9495d1fba_b.jpg

To be Continued...

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Thanks Jonathan. We only got priority tender one way also :)

why would anyone (other than early shore excursions) need priority tender tickets. the island has been there a long time and will be there when you get there. enjoy your day. why rush ????????????????.

every one is on the same cruise. just wait like everyone else..

Thank You. It was a recurring rumor aboard the ship that Explorer would be heading to Asia. It seems like this would happen directly following her dry dock which I believe is slated for some time in early 2015.

Jonathan

My family is booked on the Feb. 26th, 2015 sailing to the Southern Caribbean.This rumor is making us very nervous, as we have seen info stating dry dock sometime in February. We are taking this cruise following our daughter's wedding on the 25th, and if the cruise is cancelled we will be scrambling for an alternative.

My family is booked on the Feb. 26th, 2015 sailing to the Southern Caribbean.This rumor is making us very nervous, as we have seen info stating dry dock sometime in February. We are taking this cruise following our daughter's wedding on the 25th, and if the cruise is cancelled we will be scrambling for an alternative.

Mauibound25, No one here knows for certain when the dry dock is. I can't imagine Royal Caribbean would sell a cruise and then cancel it for a dry dock unless it was a technical issue. I am sure they will complete the winter season in florida and have the refurb sometime in April or May, don't worry about it. Jonathan

I will be posting pictures and a full review to this thread starting tomorrow. Jonathan

I've waited to thank you until you returned....THANK YOU! I also loved your thoughts and writing style. I'm so glad you had a favorable cruise on RC.

We are cruising Explorer next November when she leaves NJ to take her home in FL (for a while). It's a 14 night repo with an interesting itinerary.

I'm glad to read that you will be posting your review with pictures on this thread.

I will keep tuned in.

I've waited to thank you until you returned....THANK YOU! I also loved your thoughts and writing style. I'm so glad you had a favorable cruise on RC.

We are cruising Explorer next November when she leaves NJ to take her home in FL (for a while). It's a 14 night repo with an interesting itinerary.

I'm glad to read that you will be posting your review with pictures on this thread.

I will keep tuned in.

Thank You very much LookingForward for your kind comments, I really appreciate it. That's a great itinerary aboard Explorer with 7 port stops to some of our favorite islands like St. Maarten, Curacao and St. Lucia. How awesome to be aboard that gorgeous ship for two weeks, have a terrific voyage.

Jonathan

Early morning on the Royal Promenade as Explorer steams South

12775999124_5416e82111_c.jpg

Cigar Bar where Alex offered friendly and helpful bar service

12775592523_77f3c6e9af.jpg

A quiet nook of the Schooner Bar where Trivia bouts were king

12775247365_5f5cb939bb.jpg

Beverages aplenty at Windjammer, off the top of my head, Lemonade - water and Iced Tea

12775198623_4d023afb58_c.jpg

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. I enjoyed reading this and it brought me back to the beautiful cruise we just experienced. Our 10 year old granddaughter called yesterday and asked if she can come with us on the October cruise! She is really missing the ship!

Your comments on the Explorer make me happy and I am glad to welcome you to the ranks of the Royal Cheerleaders!

Hope to cruise with you again in the future!

Diane

Hi Jonathan,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. I enjoyed reading this and it brought me back to the beautiful cruise we just experienced. Our 10 year old granddaughter called yesterday and asked if she can come with us on the October cruise! She is really missing the ship!

Your comments on the Explorer make me happy and I am glad to welcome you to the ranks of the Royal Cheerleaders!

Hope to cruise with you again in the future!

Diane

Thank You very much Diane. It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband Steve as well. We are happy to be Royal Cheerleaders and will be spreading the word about this great line, give me a R, give me and O, give me Y-A-L -Royal, Royal Caribbean!

Jonathan

New Harry Potter themed area Diagon Alley gets finishing touches for June 2014 debut

12775224493_a05ccc4096_c.jpg

A who's who of Hollywood stayed here, Bogart, Bacall, Sinatra, the Marx Bros - Joni Mitchell penned They Paved

Hollywood and Put Up a Parking Lot an ode to it. A replica sits mysteriously at Universal Studios - Orlando, Florida

12775107375_1a940babae_c.jpg

Any minute Robert Redford will come barreling out of this door escaping armed thugs from The Sting

12794653755_96b2572168_c.jpg

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure was a blast.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Jonathan,

Even Harry Potter pictures!!!!!! Awesome, I am the biggest Harry Potter fan ever! My husband was always embarrassed when we went to the theater to see the movies because as he said I acted crazier than the kids!!!! Thank you for these and please keep the ship pics coming! 13 more days!!!! Praying for no snow storms that day so we will have a stress free drive from Ct. To NJ, even tho will be taking a car service.

Marguerite

Nice job on the review.

Explorer is my favorite ship of all I've been on and we'll be back on her in May.

Explorer + NO airport = Bliss.

Thank You John. Agree one hundred percent, perpetual state of bliss aboard the Explorer, adore this ship.

Loving the photos, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to get on Explorer in less than four weeks!!

Thank You Empress.

Jonathan,

Even Harry Potter pictures!!!!!! Awesome, I am the biggest Harry Potter fan ever! My husband was always embarrassed when we went to the theater to see the movies because as he said I acted crazier than the kids!!!! Thank you for these and please keep the ship pics coming! 13 more days!!!! Praying for no snow storms that day so we will have a stress free drive from Ct. To NJ, even tho will be taking a car service.

Marguerite

Thank You Maggie. Have you been to Universal Studios in Orlando? If not book the shuttle excursion through

Royal Caribbean and visit Islands of Adventure and have some Butter Beer, I think this is the most exquisite beverage I've ever tasted. :D

Plenty of chairs at the pool deck early morning in Nassau, Bahamas

12775541905_23682163b4_c.jpg

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking