Pre-Paid Gratuity Problem

DeBlonde1

We had pre paid service charges from our Web TA for our cruise in February and had no problem.

Pre cruise, I'm pretty sure I found it on MYNCL. If you go into Vacation Summary for your cruise and click on View Reservation Details, you will see a list of items including "Prepay Service Charges" where you have the option to prepay them. When I opened that up, it showed "prepaid".

Once onboard, service charges were never posted to our account. I had thought perhaps they would be billed to the account daily as normal and then credited back, but no charge ever appeared at all. So before you march down to customer service complaining that you don't have your credit, make sure you have the charges.

Mine says:

We are unable to display this option at this time.

Hey debLone1 can u email me and let me know whom this is? I have booked for the first time through an online and they gave me a rather large obc but they said it will not show up until five days before sailing, hmmm...?

Brenda cruise at hotmail dot ca

Thanks

I'll send you an email. Just wanted to mention, I did get the OBC they promised. It did not show up until I was onboard. I did not get the Pre Paid Gratutities they promised.

The email didn't go through for some reason. It should be easier to figure out, it is... what you are going do ....dot com

Edited by DeBlonde1

Mine says:

We are unable to display this option at this time.

That is exactly what mone said and they swore up and down it would be handled. The agent that I called (while I was onboard the cruise ship- because the purser's desk was nice enough to place a courtesy call for me) had the nerve to tell me...."I am not supposed to say this, but it ISN'T our fault" WTH! Really??

I am worried now. We booked a Dec cruise with prepaid gratuites and are looking at a Sept one with the same company.. cru????? con ? Thanks Steve

Don't go off the deep end folks. Sounds like the same company we had, and we got every cent of our OBC and gratuities were prepaid as promised. No DSC charges ever appeared on our account. TAs are probably not going to transfer funds to NCL months in advance, but shortly before the cruise. IF, for some reason a mistake is made, they do happen with any company, the TA should be able to verify with the cruiseline what was or was not received and make it right with you. These are probably reputable companies recommended by Cruise Critic. You can find a list on the website.

I am worried now. We booked a Dec cruise with prepaid gratuites and are looking at a Sept one with the same company.. cru????? con ? Thanks Steve

I don't know if they are recommended by cruise critic or not. I didn't see a list. However, if you want to know the site, it's just one word.....what you are going to do..... and a dot com. After multiple phone calls and multiple unanswered emails, I am no closer to a resolution. I will give them a bit of time to fix it, but what irritates me is that I saw this coming before I left, and they assured me I would have the credits when I got on board. I am sick of wasting time on hold and I shouldn't have to jump through these hoops to have the credit I was promised. The purser's desk did tell me this isn't the first time he has seen this with this company; so it isn't an anomaly.

Just back from a cruise on the Epic. Our perks thru the web TA included OBC and pre-paid gratuities. The OBC showed up immediately on myncl.com but the gratuities didn't show up until 3 days before sailing. We were told they wouldn't show up until at least 72 hrs ahead. After a couple days of panic the week of sailing, speaking with the TA and emailing, everything showed up just like it was supposed to. Hoping yours do too!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if they are recommended by cruise critic or not. I didn't see a list. However, if you want to know the site, it's just one word.....what you are going to do..... and a dot com. After multiple phone calls and multiple unanswered emails, I am no closer to a resolution. I will give them a bit of time to fix it, but what irritates me is that I saw this coming before I left, and they assured me I would have the credits when I got on board. I am sick of wasting time on hold and I shouldn't have to jump through these hoops to have the credit I was promised. The purser's desk did tell me this isn't the first time he has seen this with this company; so it isn't an anomaly.

Still no refund, still no returned calls, still no returned emails. I called and spoke to a supervisor last week who told me they are reaching out to their NCL contact. They assured me I will get the refund, but yet, I still have not received any phone calls or emails from them. Almost 3 weeks have passed without any word from them. I do not recommend booking with these incompetents.

Still no refund, still no returned calls, still no returned emails. I called and spoke to a supervisor last week who told me they are reaching out to their NCL contact. They assured me I will get the refund, but yet, I still have not received any phone calls or emails from them. Almost 3 weeks have passed without any word from them. I do not recommend booking with these incompetents.

How long ago did you pay? Can you dispute that portion with your credit card company? Some cards like Amex (or plat level of other cards) do not put a time limit on the disputes.