Pre-Paid Gratuity Problem

DeBlonde1

Has anyone had problems receiving the pre-paid gratuity bonus? Does anyone know where the pre-paid gratuity will show up on your reservation the NCL web site? I booked my trip with a well known cruise site that offered prepaid gratuities as a bonus incentive. I called and spoke to 2 different people assuring me this is part of the package I reserved and that it has been put through to NCL. It is also shown as an inclusion on the invoice from them. When I called NCL (twice), they did not see the PPG showing up. I feel like I am stuck between them like a ping pong ball going back and forth. Any helpful advice or anyone else have issues?

I'm in the UK, so it may be different for you, but it shows up for us in the payment section of the vacation summary in MyNCL. The prepaid service charge is added to the total cost there.

As you've done it through a TA, then it may depend on whether you have fully paid yet. Maybe they don't inform NCL until final payment.

Edit: sorry, I've just noticed that this was an offer, not something you are paying for. My answer may well not be relevant then, other than to say where it shows up for us.

Edited by KeithJenner

Has anyone had problems receiving the pre-paid gratuity bonus? Does anyone know where the pre-paid gratuity will show up on your reservation the NCL web site? I booked my trip with a well known cruise site that offered prepaid gratuities as a bonus incentive. I called and spoke to 2 different people assuring me this is part of the package I reserved and that it has been put through to NCL. It is also shown as an inclusion on the invoice from them. When I called NCL (twice), they did not see the PPG showing up. I feel like I am stuck between them like a ping pong ball going back and forth. Any helpful advice or anyone else have issues?

I am wondering if the TA covers it by adding to your OBC as a "pre-paid amenity." If that is the case, it will not show up in My NCL but NCL can see it on your account. You can try to see if NCL can e-mail you the list of "amenities" connected to your cabin.

Do you think the TA plans on adding this just prior to your cruise?

Edited by Medtech2

I'm in the UK, so it may be different for you, but it shows up for us in the payment section of the vacation summary in MyNCL. The prepaid service charge is added to the total cost there.

As you've done it through a TA, then it may depend on whether you have fully paid yet. Maybe they don't inform NCL until final payment.

Edit: sorry, I've just noticed that this was an offer, not something you are paying for. My answer may well not be relevant then, other than to say where it shows up for us.

Anything that I have gotten as a special offer from a TA ( OBC. Or Free Restaurants) did not show up on my NCL. There were tickets in my cabin on arrival that I brought to the customer service desk to add to my account.

I've never gone thru a TA but when pre paying gratuities you go to myNCL and then your Vacation summary, scroll down and there is a section called Prepaid gratuities. That is where it shows up.

But like the others have said the TA can do this many different ways. It can be added as an amenity, can be added as additional OBC to be used towards the charge, or they can wait till right before you sail till they pay it.

This is something that is completely between you and the TA. If the TA doesn't pay NCL, NCL will still charge you the gratuities.. They have no "proof" that this was an incentive of you booking thru the TA since they (NCL) doesn't usually offer this as an incentive.

I am going through the same thong now with my TA. Was an incentive at time of booking but not showing now. Sent the TA the original email ad and their confirmation email showing the prepaid gratuities and still waiting to get it corrected. Sail in 7 days and hope it does.

All the other incentives do show.

I am going through the same thong now with my TA. Was an incentive at time of booking but not showing now. Sent the TA the original email ad and their confirmation email showing the prepaid gratuities and still waiting to get it corrected. Sail in 7 days and hope it does.

All the other incentives do show.

I wonder if we used the same company. Let me know how it works out. I just sat on hold for another 30 minutes and sent them an email instead. Sigh They said they put it through 5 days ago, it should be on there by now. I also sail in 7 days.

Has anyone had problems receiving the pre-paid gratuity bonus? ...

Never heard of a pre-pay bonus?

What country are you booking from?

I guess an agent could offer this as a booking incentive. Get something in writing from the agent, no matter what you find.

I guess an agent could offer this as a booking incentive. Get something in writing from the agent, no matter what you find.

From the US. It is a booking incentive I have seen frequently advertised. "Free pre-paid gratuities"... I called it a bonus, an incentive, however you want to word it. I do have it in writing, and they say I am getting it. It just isn't going all the way through to NCL for some reason. I guess I learned my lesson for using this company. They are very commonly known, so I figured it would be ok. Only "ok" if I feel like sitting on hold for more than 30 minutes every time I call and still not getting a resolution. :mad:

From the US. It is a booking incentive I have seen frequently advertised. "Free pre-paid gratuities"... I called it a bonus, an incentive, however you want to word it. I do have it in writing, and they say I am getting it. It just isn't going all the way through to NCL for some reason. I guess I learned my lesson for using this company. They are very commonly known, so I figured it would be ok. Only "ok" if I feel like sitting on hold for more than 30 minutes every time I call and still not getting a resolution. :mad:

I think the commonly used word it perk~ travel agencies & some cruise lines will often offer free gratuities, OBC, free dinners in specialty restaurants, heck celebrity is even offering free drink package with purchase of some of their cruises~

We don't sail until Dec. but switched our reservation to this big box for those perks also. I have in writing from them that I have them, so hoping it shows up when it is paid in full....keeping my eye on this to see how it is resolved. Here is how it is on my contract with the TA:

Included Extras:

Amenities: $50 Shipboard Credit per Stateroom

Amenities: Signature Dinner Trio for Two

Amenities: Complimentary Shipboard Gratuities

Edited by DCP

I've never had anything offered by a TA show up on the NCL site. I don't think you have to worry about it...really. Bring what you have 'in hand' regarding it with you, then I'm sure you will find further written verification of it when you get to your cabin..and then it will show up on your actual shipboard account within a day or so.

NCL isn't go to show a 'promise' of this on your booking, and your TA isn't going to send them the money until the last minute! If you spend your time worrying about this until you sail...well, yikes...you'll be a wreck!!

Ask your TA to send you an amenity confirmation from NCL. The next thing I would do is print out all of your emails from you and the TA and hold on to them until after your cruise. If the DSC gets billed to your Onboard account then when you get back you can ask the TA to send you a check.

Best of luck

I got an email response today saying "The gratuities have been submitted to the cruise line, you will not see them until you board the ship. We have the arrangement with the cruise line and you can be assured the gratuities will be there"

For whatever reason, the previous people with I spoke to from this company and the agents with NCL that I spoke to are not aware of how this is to be applied after I board.

I just googled the well known cruise company and saw some rip off reports and similar type complaints, so I won't hold my breath. I will update when I get back.

Hopefully all the worry is for nothing. :)

I think the commonly used word it perk~ travel agencies & some cruise lines will often offer free gratuities, OBC, free dinners in specialty restaurants, heck celebrity is even offering free drink package with purchase of some of their cruises~

Those free drink packages are not free. Your paying for it in the price of there cruises. Once the deal is over the price of the cruise comes down quite a bit. But they do have people think there free so it's working for them. Not too many things for free today

My gratuities are prepaid through my travel agent. I had a choice of this or OBC. Have done this last few times. Gratuities do not show up at all on my final bills. If you go to My NCL and click on vacation summary, and at bottom find prepaid gratuities, and click on this, you should find total of gratuities paid by travel agent .

• 3 weeks later...
I got an email response today saying "The gratuities have been submitted to the cruise line, you will not see them until you board the ship. We have the arrangement with the cruise line and you can be assured the gratuities will be there"

For whatever reason, the previous people with I spoke to from this company and the agents with NCL that I spoke to are not aware of how this is to be applied after I board.

I just googled the well known cruise company and saw some rip off reports and similar type complaints, so I won't hold my breath. I will update when I get back.

Hopefully all the worry is for nothing. :)

For anyone wondering if they will be applied.....they were NOT! I wasted more time in line at the purser's desk and they even had me call this well known cruise booking website from the ship and still no luck. Now I am fighting this .com for a refund after the fact. What a blast. Buyer beware, I guess.

Hey debLone1 can u email me and let me know whom this is? I have booked for the first time through an online and they gave me a rather large obc but they said it will not show up until five days before sailing, hmmm...?

Brenda cruise at hotmail dot ca

Thanks

Stress. I always book with NCL and I don't think I have ever been on hold. Am I really paying more than with a TA? Another thing to think about for those with regular OBCs is if you keep it as an OBC instead of prepaying, you can sometimes charge to your account before you sail. I am getting some liquor from the concierge and he is just going to deduct it from my $350 OBC. If I chose to prepay DSC, then I would also have to prepay for the booze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For anyone wondering if they will be applied.....they were NOT! I wasted more time in line at the purser's desk and they even had me call this well known cruise booking website from the ship and still no luck. Now I am fighting this .com for a refund after the fact. What a blast. Buyer beware, I guess.

Wait what?? Did your obc show up on MYNcl in the gifts and more section.. I am so sorry this happened to you. I would love to know who the .com company is. I surely hope it is not who I chose to go with.. This is just horrible!

We had pre paid service charges from our Web TA for our cruise in February and had no problem.

Pre cruise, I'm pretty sure I found it on MYNCL. If you go into Vacation Summary for your cruise and click on View Reservation Details, you will see a list of items including "Prepay Service Charges" where you have the option to prepay them. When I opened that up, it showed "prepaid".

Once onboard, service charges were never posted to our account. I had thought perhaps they would be billed to the account daily as normal and then credited back, but no charge ever appeared at all. So before you march down to customer service complaining that you don't have your credit, make sure you have the charges.

We had pre paid service charges from our Web TA for our cruise in February and had no problem.

Pre cruise, I'm pretty sure I found it on MYNCL. If you go into Vacation Summary for your cruise and click on View Reservation Details, you will see a list of items including "Prepay Service Charges" where you have the option to prepay them. When I opened that up, it showed "prepaid".

Once onboard, service charges were never posted to our account. I had thought perhaps they would be billed to the account daily as normal and then credited back, but no charge ever appeared at all. So before you march down to customer service complaining that you don't have your credit, make sure you have the charges.

the problem is most TA's don't actually send the check to prepay until 72 hours before the cruise. I had this problem with another cruise line and TA where they were to pre-pay the DSC and because I choose that cruise lines version of any time dining, I was supposed to prepay the DSC. I asked the TA to pay it for me and they did. When I got on board not only was the DSC pre-paid but they had also given me the full amount again as on board credit. When I got back from the cruise I emailed the agent that I owed them money. They said I was nuts and I told them to check. They said yes I was right and I sent them a check for the overpayment...

especially if you have a long term relationship with the TA I wouldn't worry about this. I would remind them a couple of weeks before the cruise. Most TA's are legitimate and don't want bad publicity...IMO