Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

I am using the ships Internet for posting. I also have AT&T and I can post from the ports when I am there using the International data, except Key West of course.

The Internet is slow at times but not others, right now its pretty snappy with everyone between dinner sittings.

Here is the price of the Internet onboard in you buy the packages

Inet%20Price.png?psid=1

Thanks for taking us along. I'm especially enjoying your review as we were on Serenade 2 weeks ago.

As for internet.......when we were onboard they had 1/2 price internet between 11pm and 8am. Guess when we went online? ;)

Thank you for all your posts and pics. I do have a question, it may be too late so I understand if you are unable to answer it. In Key West, which Dock did you pull into? We are meeting friends and I was thinking I could give them a heads up. Thank you.

Keep calm and cruise on

Thank you for all your posts and pics. I do have a question, it may be too late so I understand if you are unable to answer it. In Key West, which Dock did you pull into? We are meeting friends and I was thinking I could give them a heads up. Thank you.

Keep calm and cruise on

We are 30 mins from docking in Key West. I will update when we get off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really enjoying your blog so far! Would be interested to see more pics of different areas of the ship. We've sailed all classes of Royal ships with the exception of Radiance and Oasis classes and love to see images of ships like Serenade.

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!

We do have lots of pics of the other parts of the ship. Now that we are in Key West and I can upload faster, I will post those when we get back on board.

We spent too much time in the schooner bar on the way out of New Orleans and I lost LTE :)

Keep calm and cruise on

Serenade docks at Pier B, which is the one immediately off Front St and sort of between the Westin and the Hyatt.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

For future cruisers on this ship, keep this in mind when eating in the Wind Jammer. There is extra seating out back that most people is reserved for Izumi's. Izumi's is on deck 12 and the entire back of deck 11 is for the wind jammer. It has open air seating and as of day 3 is still not very crowded.

Hi Stacey! Good to hear from you! Yes, we are sailing on Serenade out of NOLA on 3/15--cannot wait! We love this class of ship, in fact, it's our favorite. This will be our first time in NOLA. So it should be a great trip. Hope you are doing well, and I hope there's a cruise on your horizon too. Hang in there and keep warm.....spring WILL get here eventually. And I will definitely keep an eye out for your friend Ivo. If I meet him, I'll give him a hug from you:)

Happytulips.....Loving your blog!!! Thanks again for doing it:)

You will have a great cruise. This winter has been so bad...long and so, so cold. We were supposed to sail on Vision in May but switched to Majesty due to airfare...Majesty it is (again)! Can't wait to go.

If you get to meet Ivo, tell him the Ohler's (pronounce just like it reads..Oh...lers) say hi. He sent me a message on New Year's Day....he's a friend from way back on Majesty...and was on the Grandeur for awhile, too.

Happytulips, thanks for the live blog, hoping to catch you sailing into KW today!!

We are waiting on Customs. The line reaches from deck 2 up to deck 4 and past the R Bar in the Centrum

Hmm, you sure it is customs? Didn't you just come from New Orleans? :)

Maybe just a delay in getting the brow set up with three ships in.

Hmm, you sure it is customs? Didn't you just come from New Orleans? :)

Maybe just a delay in getting the brow set up with three ships in.

They announced customs but that is what I thought, we haven't left the states yet. It might be second nature for them to say Customs.

We are arriving in Key West. Looks like a Carnival ship and maybe a Norwegian but i can't see that far :)

That's an even better treat than Norwegian - that's the Seven Seas Navigator. She was originally built by the Soviets as the Akademik Nikolay Pilyugin, a satellite tracking ship. Radisson bought the incomplete hull (the Soviets finished about 90% before they stopped work and completed her as the Navigator.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Don't forget to visit Kino sandals in Key West. Can't remember the street, but just ask, someone will know. Good prices, as it is the factory. They make them right there.

Just love Key West.

You are doing a great job. Loving the pictures. I just hope to get back there some day again. We were lucky, as we got to stay there until 10pm and watch the beautiful Key West sunset and festival.

Enjoy......:D

Gwen :)

That roast duck looks really good. May I ask when you could start boarding the serenade In nol ?

You mentioned schooner bar. Did they have piano playing at night there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can start boarding at 11:00 in Nola.

There is a piano player in the schooner bar. He plays more pop hits the few nights we have been there.

Don't forget to visit Kino sandals in Key West. Can't remember the street, but just ask, someone will know. Good prices, as it is the factory. They make them right there.

Just love Key West.

You are doing a great job. Loving the pictures. I just hope to get back there some day again. We were lucky, as we got to stay there until 10pm and watch the beautiful Key West sunset and festival.

Enjoy......:D

Gwen :)

I would love to see the sunset here. For all those who are hoping to see it. They passed a city ordinance a few ago and all cruise ships have to be out of port 1:30 minutes before sunset. Kind of a bummer but what can you do?