Allure music dock in cabins

Let me say upfront that I am sorry if this has been asked recently but it wouldn't let me search........

When I was on Allure in Dec of 2010 the cabins had an ipod dock - but it would have been for the Iphone4 version - has anyone used a converter with their Iphone5 to be able to listen to music in the cabin.

I will be limited on space and would rather not lug my Bose speaker.........but I have to have tunes!

Let me say upfront that I am sorry if this has been asked recently but it wouldn't let me search........

When I was on Allure in Dec of 2010 the cabins had an ipod dock - but it would have been for the Iphone4 version - has anyone used a converter with their Iphone5 to be able to listen to music in the cabin.

I will be limited on space and would rather not lug my Bose speaker.........but I have to have tunes!

Hi there

Yes, I have used my iPhone 5 with a connector on the dock on 2 occasions and it worked fine.

Jo :)

I saw that dock when we were on the Allure, but failed to look closely. Is there an input jack for connecting a different type of device? (I have a Galaxy tablet that I can connect to my Bose radio, among other things.)

I don't recall seeing any other type of connection but perhaps I did not study it close enough. I actually transferred to a Samsung between my May and August Allure cruises but took my iPhone as I couldn't recall if I would be able to connect my S4 or not!

Sorry, hopefully someone else can help :)

Thanks JO24

I didn't pay real close attention either but for some reason I seem to remember thinking that there wasn't an input jack because then the there would be no issues. But hopefully I am wrong.

I had the same feeling but have either been able to connect my iPhone 4 directly or the 5 with the connector.

Just make sure that the connector you have is compatible to produce music which I am sure it is. Some connectors are for charging only but most now are multi purpose.

Have a great cruise :)

I had the same feeling but have either been able to connect my iPhone 4 directly or the 5 with the connector.

Just make sure that the connector you have is compatible to produce music which I am sure it is. Some connectors are for charging only but most now are multi purpose.

Have a great cruise :)

Thanks! I'm going to try a connector. I will research the kinds - because that what I was concerned about was getting one that wouldn't play music.

Yes you can.

Haha, I have to chuckle a bit! Due to Apple's connecter switch between the 4's and 5's, Apple users are now faced with what we Android folks have dealt with for a long time! :)

I was able to find and purchase online a USB-Apple 4 adapter cable some time back and carry it when I travel, just for that purpose - hooking up to the Apple docks to play music. Now all the Apple 5 folks are going to have to buy a similar adapter to use, until those thousands and thousands of docks that hotels and cruise lines have invested in are replaced at some point.

Good news is - those adapter cables are readily available and pretty inexpensive and work just fine.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Just off the Allure this past Sunday. The iPod docks in the cabins are for the iPhone 4 and earlier series, so in Apple speak, the old connectors.

Its a dual dock, one side lets you charge and play music through it, the other side is strictly charging only.

Hope that helps.