Getaway Shows and more!

DISNEY1975

Does anyone know the cost of the shows on the Getaway (Legally Blonde / Illusion??? )

Also, I saw in the Getaway thread above (sticky) the show times are changing to 10ish. If the kids are not going, do we need to sign up for the extended hours at Splash Academy (reg. hours end at 10:30)?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know the cost of the shows on the Getaway (Legally Blonde / Illusion??? )

Also, I saw in the Getaway thread above (sticky) the show times are changing to 10ish. If the kids are not going, do we need to sign up for the extended hours at Splash Academy (reg. hours end at 10:30)?

Thanks in advance!

Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor (dance program) are complimentary (free). Premium seating for Illusionarium (seating close to stage) is $29.99 and Standard seating is $24.99. The show times have changed. We were originally set for Legally Blonde at 9:30 and it has changed to 10:15pm (not wild about the later time). Illusionarium was originally 9pm but was changed to 8:45pm (which is fine with us).

Not sure about your Splash Academy question. Someone else may need to chime in on that.

Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde are both complimentary. Illusionarium costs either $24.9 (standard seating) or $29.99 (premium seating). Wine Lovers the Musical (a lunch show that features 6 different wines) costs $25.

Edited by johnql

Has there been a price drop for Illusionarium? When we prebooked for Feb. 22 week, we paid $39 per person for premium seating.

The $29.99 for premium seating and $24.99 for standard is what was shown when we prebooked for our 3/15 sailing (we booked premium seating and were charged the $29.99). I just checked my reservation info on NCL.com and that is the pricing they are showing. You may want to contact NCL.

Has there been a price drop for Illusionarium? When we prebooked for Feb. 22 week, we paid $39 per person for premium seating.

It's possible that the pricing for Illusionarium varies by sailing date, similar to how the price for the GSC cabanas varies depending on sailing date. I don't know this to be fact but NCL may be setting the price based on anticipated demand.

For the shows that are free, how do you make reservations for tickets?

I asked NCL about reserving "shows" today. I didn't get into details about which show, but I was told I can reserve online at 45 days from sailing, along with specialty restaurants.

Not sure if she meant just the one you pay for, or all. I thought you paid for all, so am happy to see some are complimentary! :)

Thanks everyone for your replies and answers to my question.

If anyone knows about late night at Splash Academy during show times, any info would be great!

Edited by DISNEY1975

I am sailing March 1 and was charged $39 for standard tickets for Illusionarium. Just pulled it up again and shows $39 for standard tickets, does not and has never shown anything about premium tickets.

Edited by JudyOh

I am sailing March 1 and was charged $39 for standard tickets for Illusionarium. Just pulled it up again and shows $39 for standard tickets, does not and has never shown anything about premium tickets.

That seems to confirm my theory that the ticket prices vary according to demand.

I asked NCL about reserving "shows" today. I didn't get into details about which show, but I was told I can reserve online at 45 days from sailing, along with specialty restaurants.

Not sure if she meant just the one you pay for, or all. I thought you paid for all, so am happy to see some are complimentary! :)

Thanks everyone for your replies and answers to my question.

If anyone knows about late night at Splash Academy during show times, any info would be great!

Yes, the kids will need to stay later. There is a cost for this.

Yes, you can pre-book restaurants and the shows mentioned previously whether they carry surcharges or not. There are also complimentary shows that can be reserved once you're on the ship but are not available to pre-book. These include the Grammy Experience, Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos, which I thoroughly enjoyed on the Breakaway), and Levity Entertainment (comedy club).

Yes, you can pre-book restaurants and the shows mentioned previously whether they carry surcharges or not. There are also complimentary shows that can be reserved once you're on the ship but are not available to pre-book. These include the Grammy Experience, Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos, which I thoroughly enjoyed on the Breakaway), and Levity Entertainment (comedy club).

I had no idea that those three things you just mentioned could be reserved. I had just assumed they were come and go as you please. Interesting. That somehow makes me less excited about them. I mean, all the RESERVE RESERVE RESERVE kind of takes away from the freestyle idea a little bit, in my opinion.

Edited by LrgPizza

I get the impression that NCL is using the reservation system to gauge interest for the shows. They are also still tweaking the times of the performances and I sure hope that they make adjustments for the better (some of the shows are just really too late a 90 min. show that starts at 10:15PM???). Also, last Friday was a port day and that day the only Legally Blonde show was at 7:30PM, which was not real practical as call time to be back on board was 6:30PM - it would have been nice to be able to take a shower pre-show or have dinner.

Even for the free shows like Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde I'd suggest to arrive 30-45 minutes ahead of time if you are looking for center seats. In regard to Illusionarium tickets, even if you have premium seating reserved, you want to arrive early, because you still line up (albeit in the premium seating line) and you get seated based upon place in that line.

I sail on the 29th. Last night I went on to NCL and booked my reservations for Burning Down The Floor, and Legally Blonde, both which are free. Legally Blonde I was able to get at 7:30. They had two shows, and this was the early one. You can also book onboard, but I'm the kind of person that likes to plan ahead. The Grammy Experience and Howl at the Moon I'll have to wait till I'm on board, but I don't care about those so much.

Karen

I mean, all the RESERVE RESERVE RESERVE kind of takes away from the freestyle idea a little bit, in my opinion.

I guess it all depends on how you want to interpret Freestyle. To me, Freestyle gives me options and freedom to do as I please - within reason. It doesn't mean that every dining room is open 24/7. It doesn't mean that every show is able to accommodate 4000 passengers at every sitting. Clearly, that would be impossible. Freestyle (again, to me) means that I can pick and choose what I want to do - that means reserving some shows but playing others by ear. Setting priorities for what I want to do on vacation is not a big deal to me. If there's something I know now that I want to do, I book it. If not, I wait. To others, it means the freedom to not reserve anything and that's fine, too. You can still have a perfectly good time without reserving a single restaurant or show.

In short, that's the beauty of Freestyle. Having the option to reserve doesn't detract from that.

Edited by johnql

I had no idea that those three things you just mentioned could be reserved. I had just assumed they were come and go as you please. Interesting. That somehow makes me less excited about them. I mean, all the RESERVE RESERVE RESERVE kind of takes away from the freestyle idea a little bit, in my opinion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Howl needs a reservation. It was first come first served seating or SRO on the Epic. And I thought Grammy was the same as the Jazz Club on Epic as well, no reservations needed. The Comedy Club will probably require a res, same as Second City on Epic.