Miami cruise port hotel

Freedom2014

There's not much in Miami that will have a shuttle and is decent. Taxis are cheap and easy to come by.

Not sure of rates on your date, but I really like the Marriott Biscayne. I've also stayed at the one near the airport and there's a Courtyard and Residence Inn in their complex as well.

If you can get the one downtown at a reasonable price (I've paid as little as $100 for it and as much as $220 depending on season and events going on,) there are some great restaurants in the little mall next door and a Publix within walking distance for any last minute items or snacks. Water view, nice pool, and you can see your ship in the morning. Taxi runs about $10 to the port and about $26 from airport to hotel.

From the airport locations, they have shuttle from airport to hotel and taxi will run about $30 to the port. The hotels there sometimes sell shuttle tickets with an outside operator for $12pp or so.

Be careful with what neighborhood you end up in - some spots north of the airport aren't so nice. Stick with downtown or airport south and you should be ok.

Going on liberty march 22 and need a hotel with a free shuttle or some kind of shuttle budget is 280 and lower

You can try for Intercontinental on Chopin in downtown booking through last minute travel dot com. They sometimes offer deals for this very nice hotel close to the cruise port. I got it for anywhere from $85 to $150 depending on time of year. It is an expensive hotel, so those are real bargain deals. Some people use the Holiday Inn downtown. I haven't stayed there, but it is also very convenient. It gets mixed reviews. You will likely not find anywhere that offers a shuttle to the port that is worth staying at. Both Intercontinental and Holiday Inn are close to the Bayside Marketplace and easy walking distance to downtown. Most people take a taxi to the port in Miami.

I agree with the other person that said to be choosy about which area you choose. I'd either do downtown (1st preference) or airport.

Have a great cruise.

We booked through carnival in the fly aweigh program which is your flight with guaranteed connections.It also includes hotels as they fly you in the day before your cruise. They have put us in the Sofitel in Miami.

It has a shuttle service to the port of Miami. And hotel and flight was cheaper then what i could book a flight for from Canada. We also book tranportation from Carnival. Its 16.00/ person from mia to hotel and then to port the next day.

Hampton Inn Miami Brickell is very close to the port (short taxi ride) and the metro mover (walking distance). It's also the #2 best rated hotel in Miami on Trip Advisor. We LOVED the place when we stayed last year.

** Forgot to add Corporate rate discount code 0560041604 will get your price for a room with Queen beds down to $280.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltz

You can try for Intercontinental on Chopin in downtown booking through last minute travel dot com. They sometimes offer deals for this very nice hotel close to the cruise port. I got it for anywhere from $85 to $150 depending on time of year. It is an expensive hotel, so those are real bargain deals. Some people use the Holiday Inn downtown. I haven't stayed there, but it is also very convenient. It gets mixed reviews. You will likely not find anywhere that offers a shuttle to the port that is worth staying at. Both Intercontinental and Holiday Inn are close to the Bayside Marketplace and easy walking distance to downtown. Most people take a taxi to the port in Miami.

I agree with the other person that said to be choosy about which area you choose. I'd either do downtown (1st preference) or airport.

Have a great cruise.

Another vote for the Intercontinental downtown. Really nice hotel.

Another vote for the intercontinental through last minute travel dot com

We were their in September and it was awesome and really close to Bayside and a very short ride to the pier. I think we paid $118 or around that price

I just called it's $388 for March 21-22 way out of budget. Haha the problem is it's florida spring break that week so it's peak

I just called it's $388 for March 21-22 way out of budget. Haha the problem is it's florida spring break that week so it's peak

Just did a mock booking $263 including taxes for the 21st at a 5 star hotel (likely intercontinental) They make it a blind hotel that's why so much cheaper than booking direct

Spring break makes hotels really expensive especially in Florida

From the above comments you can see that you have options.

Arriving later in the day, want to save a few $$, and are primarily focused on dinner and sleep :confused: -- then focus your search on hotels near the MIA airport. A few popular budget options include the Springhill Suites Medical Center, Comfort Suites North and La Quinta East (all include free airport and port shuttles). Better hotels are located in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood -- Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn and others - with free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options nearby. A taxi to POM will cost you $25-30.

Prefer to stay downtown near POM :confused: -- a taxi will run about $25+ and another $12+ cab ride will get you to POM the next day. In addition to those suggested above (IC, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, etc.) check the Hyatt, Marriott, and Doubletree.

Arriving early and want to stay near the beach, with great dining and nightlife -- head to Miami Beach; for South Beach on your dates you're likely to need a higher budget. :(

Good luck! :)

Just did a mock booking $263 including taxes for the 21st at a 5 star hotel (likely intercontinental) They make it a blind hotel that's why so much cheaper than booking direct

Spring break makes hotels really expensive especially in Florida

Oh where is that I can book that...what hotel

Oh where is that I can book that...what hotel

lastminutetravel dot com

put your city and dates

click 5 star hotels and it will pop up

I was told on here when I did it intercontinental will be the hotel and it was.

You can also call them and get a better rate ,you just have to ask for a 5 star hotel and CANNOT book the hotel by name

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotels.aspx#st=Hotels&cin=3/21/2014&cout=3/22/2014&mod=HotelSearchResults&dst=6634&onlyAvail=False&hn=&brnd=&str=0&Amend=False&hpt=0&hptf=0&r1a=2&r1c=0&r1ca=&lsb=0&srtfld=Stars&srtdir=DESC&pg=1&sfsoa=False

the top one should be it

Edited by mikel24m

lastminutetravel dot com

put your city and dates

You can also call them and get a better rate ,you just have to ask for a 5 star hotel and CANNOT book the hotel by name

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotels.aspx#st=Hotels&cin=3/21/2014&cout=3/22/2014&mod=HotelSearchResults&dst=6634&onlyAvail=False&hn=&brnd=&str=0&Amend=False&hpt=0&hptf=0&r1a=2&r1c=0&r1ca=&lsb=0&srtfld=Stars&srtdir=DESC&pg=1&sfsoa=False

the top one should be it

Actually I looked at the pictures for the 5 star hotel on the top of the page and it is indeed the Intercontinental :)

Good luck

lastminutetravel dot com

put your city and dates

the top one should be it

Ok. Is that a safe site to use?

There's not much in Miami that will have a shuttle and is decent. Taxis are cheap and easy to come by.

Not sure of rates on your date, but I really like the Marriott Biscayne. I've also stayed at the one near the airport and there's a Courtyard and Residence Inn in their complex as well.

If you can get the one downtown at a reasonable price (I've paid as little as $100 for it and as much as $220 depending on season and events going on,) there are some great restaurants in the little mall next door and a Publix within walking distance for any last minute items or snacks. Water view, nice pool, and you can see your ship in the morning. Taxi runs about $10 to the port and about $26 from airport to hotel.

From the airport locations, they have shuttle from airport to hotel and taxi will run about $30 to the port. The hotels there sometimes sell shuttle tickets with an outside operator for $12pp or so.

Be careful with what neighborhood you end up in - some spots north of the airport aren't so nice. Stick with downtown or airport south and you should be ok.

Staying at the Marriott Biscayne in November.

Staying at the Marriott Biscayne in November.

It's rapidly become my favorite hotel for a pre-cruise stay. I've also stayed at the Doubletree next door and the Intercontinental. They are all nice, but for some reason the folks at the Marriott always seem to make me feel very welcome. The rooms are ordinary hotel rooms but the Marriott beds are very comfy. I have some back problems so it's really important to me when I find hotels with comfy beds!

If you like Asian food, we love Tony Chan's next door. There's also a little place le Fauborg??? I think that has convenience items, a deli, some hot foods for takeout, and wonderful Cuban pastries and coffees in the morning.

It's rapidly become my favorite hotel for a pre-cruise stay. I've also stayed at the Doubletree next door and the Intercontinental. They are all nice, but for some reason the folks at the Marriott always seem to make me feel very welcome. The rooms are ordinary hotel rooms but the Marriott beds are very comfy. I have some back problems so it's really important to me when I find hotels with comfy beds!

If you like Asian food, we love Tony Chan's next door. There's also a little place le Fauborg??? I think that has convenience items, a deli, some hot foods for takeout, and wonderful Cuban pastries and coffees in the morning.

Unfortunately, those hotels are all booked up;(

2 years ago I got the Intercontinental for only $100 through Priceline. From my recollection, however, they did NOT offer a shuttle to the port. We took a cab.

This year I got the B2 Hotel in downtown Miami for $100 through Priceline and they offer a shuttle for $6 pp. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums