Budget rental car in Cape Canaveral

jacksmycat

I saw on Budget's website that there are 2 locations in Cape Canaveral. They are at the same address and have the same phone number. When I put my info for my arrival rental at both location codes, I get the same price. However, when I put my info for my departure after the cruise, one is $9.99 more for a port access fee.

My question is, will they still pick me up with the shuttle and let me rent a car if I don't pay the extra fee?

Also, when is Budget's earliest shuttle to port on embarkation day. The website says they are open at 8:00am and that the shuttles run every 20 minutes. Do they start the shuttle at 8:00 or later?

I tried to call them and was on hold for a long time, then got transferred to a robot.

i've wondered the same thing. since the port started charging for commercial pick ups, do the Budget shuttle drivers check the reservation paperwork when picking up at port? (to make sure the Port Canaveral location is on the reservation and thus the fee paid)

i'd hate to make the reservation and then get stuck taking a cab to the rental office, negate the savings.

eta: just stumbled on the thread with budget coupon codes and used MUWZ163 for $5 off a weekend rental. That paid for half the fee so I'm happy with that. Now it's more an academic curiosity if the shuttle guys verify the rental location codes or Budget just figures it comes out in the wash.

Edited by miztressuz

I did finally get in touch with a person on the phone. I didn't ask specifically about the location codes or extra fee. I asked them if I had to make a reservation for the shuttle. They said no. Then I asked them if I had to show any paperwork to get on the shuttle. They said no to that too. So it appears that anyone can get on the shuttle.

Also, I saw a discount code for Budget that made them cheaper than Dollar/Thrifty. It's in a recent tread with a subject about budget rental discount code. Check it out. Saved me $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Codes are either Y937800 or U096100

I've successfully used the Y937800 code. Do you know what the other code is from or how much savings? I have a couple of rentals soon.:)

For the question about shuttle service to the ship on embarkation day, our experience with that was they shuttle everyone from the ship to pick up cars first and then beginning, I think, around 11:00 or 11;30 start taking passengers to the ship. They have a couple of shuttles, but there were so many people when we were there last October, that we called a taxi to take us to the ship.

I recently experienced the $9.99 port access fee when picking up my rental at Budget after disembarking a cruise. They told me it's because I used the location "Port Canveral" instead of "Cape Canaveral". The agent told me to use the CC location to avoid the extra $9.99 fee.

• 4 weeks later...

I just read another post that said budget asked them for some sort of discount card when they booked with the Code that starts with a Y. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Also I used the code that started with a U. Does anyone know where that discount comes from? This will not be good if I have to pay full price for my rental cars.

I just read another post that said budget asked them for some sort of discount card when they booked with the Code that starts with a Y. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Also I used the code that started with a U. Does anyone know where that discount comes from? This will not be good if I have to pay full price for my rental cars.

I have used the y937800 promo code at least 20 times over the last 4-5 years and we have never been asked for a discount card or how we found that promo code.

Perhaps different office of the rental agency has different rules.

Just in case take a look what someone else has posted recently:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015312

I saw this today and that's specifically why I used the U code instead of the Y code. That's why I was wondering the origin of the U code since we now know the origin of the Y code.

I saw this today and that's specifically why I used the U code instead of the Y code. That's why I was wondering the origin of the U code since we now know the origin of the Y code.

Hi,

I just try to look on the internet and found this code as a "frequent renter" - not sure what that means and what you need to prove that you can us it.

"Budget Rent A Car: Frequent renter code. Enter code in BCD field to save. Some exclusions may apply.

Coupon Codes:U096100 "

Edited by wieslaw

I was the poster of http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015312

I booked my Budget Rental Car using Y937800 and when I physically got to the rental counter I was asked to see my Dreams Travel Card. This code must be affiliated with them. Since I could not produce a card, they would not honor the discount.

Like another poster said, I too have used this code many times and this was the first time that I was asked for verification. I have also used my AAA or AARP card and like the above, sometimes I'm asked to show it and sometimes not.

It's just the luck of the draw.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me if Budget is located at the Orlando Airport or do we have to take a shuttle offsite and return the car offsite? My husband isn't interested in doing that especially since we have a 7 am flight (day after cruise returns). We don't want to waste a lot of time returning the car.

Budget is at the airport, onsite. Search for a location at MCO and you should be fine. I don't know if they have locations off airport, but I can state for certain that they have one on.

Just rented Budget MCO --> Cape Canaveral and Cape Canaveral --> MCO.

The office will add the 9.99 fee if you are picked up at the port. It does not matter which location you choose. There were many people being told this Friday when we returned our MCO car and again yesterday when we picked-up (Despite having selected Cape Canaveral.

I have had good luck with Bidget in Florida and would rent from then again. The Orland pick-up is sometimes slow.

We booked the same vehicle for pick up at MCO before the cruise and pickup at Cape Canaveral after the cruise and the first trip is about $10.00 more. It looks like they added the fee to the first rental and we won't be using the shuttle that day. We will need the "free" shuttle to go pick up the car after the cruise obviously.