Playa Palancar

malmo288

Thanks so much for posting this! :D We'll be in Cozumel, via Emerald Princess, on Nov 14. I'm having a heck of a time booking a boat snorkeling trip that's not on a giant party boat. This looks like a good alternative and an excellent snorkeling site. I've never been to Cozumel, but I love to snorkel. I just sent them an email asking for specific info. Hopefully, they'll answer the email. Looks like you just go and sign up for a boat there, after 9am.

I didn't see any pricing, but I'll look again.

How do you get there from the ship?

We just took a taxi. It wasn't a long drive at all, but I will warn you to pay attention to pricing and agree with the taxi driver on price before leaving. We knew how much it costed to get there but hadn't 100% decided where we were going when we got in the taxi so the guy charged us almost $10 more then what it should have costed to get there.

We just took a taxi. It wasn't a long drive at all, but I will warn you to pay attention to pricing and agree with the taxi driver on price before leaving. We knew how much it costed to get there but hadn't 100% decided where we were going when we got in the taxi so the guy charged us almost $10 more then what it should have costed to get there.

Good to know. I really don't look forward to dealing with taxi drivers in Mexico. How much should it be from the ship, do you know?

Good to know. I really don't look forward to dealing with taxi drivers in Mexico. How much should it be from the ship, do you know?

These are prices from puerta maya. It just depends which Pier and how many people.

Screenshot_2014-09-22-19-49-45_zpsxitqvqdm.png

The rates are all posted at the dispatchers post at all piers. Here is a link which I think is still up to date from Puerta Maya

http://cozumelinsider.com/Taxipuertamaya?From=Taxiczm

Links to rates from other piers if you need it. We always check rate before we leave.

Very helpful, thanks. Looks like about $20 for a taxi...

Yes, that is the rate for a taxi for 1-4 people. If a van is next in line at dispatch you should still pay the rate for a taxi. Check with the driver before you leave.

It looks like they have diving here also. Has anyone dove with them? Do you know if the divers and snorkelers go out to the same area? We have both divers and snorkelers in our group and are trying to find somewhere where everyone can go.

Edited by loriepta

• 2 months later...

I want to make sure I have the prices correct.

We'd have to pay for the taxi to Playa Palancar. There will be 5 - 7 of us going, so that is $30 - $40

The snorkel tour is ~$35

Is there an 'entrance' fee to the place?

I know it's not AI, so any food and drinks would be extra.

Trying to decide whether to go to Playa Palancar, Chankanaab, or Paradise Beach.

Thanks!

We'd have to pay for the taxi to Playa Palancar. There will be 5 - 7 of us going, so that is $30 - $40

The snorkel tour is ~$35

Trying to decide whether to go to Playa Palancar, Chankanaab, or Paradise Beach.

Thanks!

There is no entrance fee. Of course they probably expect that you will buy food, drink or any other service. We had an amazing time here. It's very beautiful and not crowded at all. Have fun!

The snorkel tour is ~$35

Thanks!

We've been to Palancar 8 or 9 times and never had a bad time. You can sit in the sun or shade. The food and drinks are good and prices reasonable. Never crowded there in our experience. In my opinion you can't go wrong with a trip here.

• 1 year later...
We asked a waiter as soon as we arrived and he showed us where to book it. They took us out about 10:30 but if there are more people booked they may make 2 or 3 trips. I think that they took another tour out that afternoon.

We are thinking of booking this trip. I know this is an old post, but can you tell us about how long the snorkeling from the boat was? One reef or more?

Thanks