Just off Oasis Western Caribbean Feb 15-22

TequilaToo

We just disembarked yesterday morning from our Oasis Western Caribbean cruise. Fantastic experience! We were on Deck 10, on the Starboard side, our adult children on the same deck on the Port side, both ocean view balcony cabins, toward the stern. This was our first cruise in 17 years, the first two taken two years in a row, on the Norway and the Carnival Sensation. In many ways, this made us "newbies", as we had taken such a long hiaitus, and had never sailed Royal Caribbean before. I asked so many questions here, and gleaned so many hints from all the wonderful posts. I really feel that my time spent perusing this forum was responsible for everything going as smoothly as it did.

We ate in the MDR every night, at the Windjammer every noon, and had room service for breakfast every morning. We are creatures of habit. :D

We didn't get off the ship in Labadee, just enjoyed the mostly-empty ship. Jamaica and Cozumel saw us just doing a little shopping at the port before re-boarding. I know, we are boring.

We didn't do any of the shows - our show is the ship itself. The ship is a marvel. My son is a maritime historian, focusing mainly on the trans-atlantic liners of the early 20th century. He was absolutely blown away with the Oasis, and took hundreds of photos of her interior. I may be able to persuade him to do a photo review here, once he's gone through them.

Our experience was overwhelmingly positive, with only a few little negatives, but nothing significant.

I have saved copies of all my Compasses, but Megacruiser is posting copies of his from the Western Caribbean run just prior to ours, so I won't attempt to post those here. If there are any questions you feel I may be able to answer for you, please feel free to ask...if I don't know the answer, I'll just say so! :D

I only ask because someone on a recent 7 night EOS sailing said they only had one. A few people said it was a misprint in the Compass, and others said that RCI is giving this a test run. I'm going to be on Freedom in May, and I'm very much hoping they stay with 2. I started a thread to ask this question, but it turned into a bunch of arguing over whether or not people like formal nights. :o It got complicated!