Holiday Inn Express 17th Street

huxlemo

I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel on 5/23/14. I wanted Hyatt Place on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale but there aren't any rooms available on their website.

Has anyone stayed at Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street? We are just looking for a hotel with airport shuttle, possible breakfast, and near restaurants/grocery or drug store. Thanks!

I am also a fan of lastminutetravel. In addition to what was already suggested LMT has the Crowne Plaza for $90 and the Fairfield Inn for $116 for the night of 5/23. Both of these have airport shuttles and I'm sure the Fairfield has free breakfast.

We stayed there a couple yrs ago. It was ok, nothing special, but clean & good location. There are restaurants nearby & some shopping as well. We would like to stay at the Hyatt next time. Maybe you should phone them or like the others said try other travel sites. But if it is one night the HIE is fine.

Excellent location near restaurants and Total Wine Store. Shuttle to hotel was a little longer walk than other transportation options, but only difficult if you have mobility issues. Breakfast was included in hotel price and made for an ok choice. Hotel offered basic stay that was fine, but location and closeness to Port Everglades along with price are the selling points.

I stayed there for one night pre cruise, four years ago, at 140.00+ dollars.

It was clean and your standard HI or HIE room, but.....the view was of a concrete wall, and the drink dispensing machines were out of order on all floors but one. They did refund my money that two machines ate up.

The shuttle pick up at the airport was a total mess up. I had to call three times, and once after the driver slowed and I waved but then he drove off. Third call, and same driver returned about 10 mins later. No apology from driver not even a hello. Same on check in. Dour faces and not much of a welcome.

Breakfast was ample and good, but the room is small. the shuttle to the cruise port next day was much better run at a cost of 8.00.

There was a Walgreens about two blocks away.

I would not stay here again unless I got a very good rate. But it is adequate for one night, clean and for me just depends on the rate.