Beach AND snorkel/diving tours

cpizzull

I'm cruising on Oasis with a group of 30+. Some just want to do beach, others want to do a snorkel or scuba also. This is my 3rd time to Cozumel and enjoyed Paradise Beach last time. I've read some great things about Nachi too, but not sure everyone wants to pay for the all-inclusive, although they do offer a 2-hour snorkel tour. I'm wondering if there's a scenario/beach out there that allows us to take a taxi to the beach and then hire a tour at the beach for snorkel at minimum. Anyone have experiences in this scenario? Or, is it better to do the snorkel/dive tour separately and then meet at a beach later on? (and I know I can't make everyone happy, ha). Thanks!

Oh, has anyone done the snorkel tour from Nachi? Good?

We were @ Nachi last month. The cost is $55 AI plus cab fare from the pier. It was $17 ea way from Puerta Maya which is the farthest south of the 3 piers and closest to the beach clubs. The snorkeling is an addition for $35pp. We brought our own gear and only snorkeled from the shore and not much to see. Some folks sitting closest to us sent their teenagers out and they said it was good and they saw lots of fish and a couple sharks. Also Nachi only takes 100 people per day so reservations advised. $11pp in advance. I've done a few random checks the last few days for people and it looks like lots of dates are full already so if this is something u really want to do with so many in your group I'd get it booked.

You could all head to Chankanaab with a nice beach plus a separate beach/shore area for snorkeling. Like PB it is pay-as-you-go for food and drinks, plus there are some dolphin and other animal shows, but there is a $20 per person admission fee. :(

Playa Uvas has a pay as you go option for food and drinks (as well as AI options). Entrance is $12, but that gets you beach access (chairs, umbrellas, hammocks), snorkel gear and tour (if you want), small pool, wifi, and one drink coupon. We loved it.

The Money Bar might be an option for you to consider. I haven't been there, but the reviews are good....maybe someone here has some first hand experience. No admission fee; just purchase some food/bev from them. Sounds like snorkeling is good to great (rental equip avail), and has a decent beach. $8.00 cab ride. I think we're going to try it in early April.

Thank you everyone so far for the responses. So, nobody can confirm that the other non-Nachi beaches have a snorkel tour that will take off from the beach and go hit a nice snorkel spot, like the reefs? I'll try to contact each beach club separately perhaps. Thx again!!

Thank you everyone so far for the responses. So, nobody can confirm that the other non-Nachi beaches have a snorkel tour that will take off from the beach and go hit a nice snorkel spot, like the reefs? I'll try to contact each beach club separately perhaps. Thx again!!

Playa Palancar has snorkel tours, is quiet and PAYG.

http://www.buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

This is the furthest south of the beach bars and so taxi is slightly more but not significantly if you have a group.

Edited by c-leg5

Yes Playa Palancar sounds like a good option for your group, you can snorkel on your own, or they have a guy that will take you, we just tipped him at the end of the guided tour. Nice place, good food, plenty of chairs and tables in the shade and on the beach.

Both Paradise and Nachi have nice piers. So contact folks like EagleRay or CWS for a great group snorkel trip and arrange to be dropped off at one the beach clubs. Simple taxi back to ship afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I actually decided to just go do Nachi beach, and reserved the snorkel trip from there (you have to put down an extra $8 non-refundable deposit for the snorkel tour, which takes you out to the reefs like most of the tours). I'll reply back in May and let you know how it all worked out.