independence of the seas june 28th

nameuser1234

Hi, I would like to know who has traveled before on the independence of the seas thru out spain, visiting Cadiz, Gibraltar, Ibiza, Lisbon, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Vigo, Need help with shore excursions, and would like advice on how to do tours on my own to save money. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

Welcome to your first post on Cruise Critic. To find Royal Caribbean experts, visit the Royal Caribbean board here at CC, under Cruise Lines P-Z. To find others cruising with you and discuss tours/excursions, join the roll call for your cruise. To find your roll call, go back to the main boards page, scroll down to ROLL CALLS, chick on Royal Caribbean, then click on your ship, and look for a thread with the dates for your sailing. EM

Get a guidebook on your ports! Doing a bit of research is the best thing to help you save money. Once you see what is in each place, you can decide what you want to do, and how to do it. Most things don't require excursions at all, if you know something about where you're going!

Hi, I would like to know who has traveled before on the independence of the seas thru out spain, visiting Cadiz, Gibraltar, Ibiza, Lisbon, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Vigo, Need help with shore excursions, and would like advice on how to do tours on my own to save money. Would appreciate any help, thanks.

Hi,

Never been to Ibiza or Valencia but of the other places mentioned they are all doable on your own especially using the HOHO buses. No way would I pay for overpriced shore excursions.

Cadiz: ship docks almost in the town which is pretty in itself but if you fancy going further afield the train station is a 10 min walk away for trips to Jerez or Seville.

Gibraltar: 10 min walk into town. Cable car to top of the Rock for a few Euros instead of an overpriced taxi.

Lisbon: Docks within walking distance to town centre. Alfama district of Lisbon very old/interesting but must be on your guard against pick-pockets.

Palma: Shuttle bus into the centre or pick up the HOHO right by the ship.

Vigo: Again ship docks right in the town.

Hope this helps a little and please ask again if you need any more help.

BTW...The Indy is a fabulous ship you have made a good choice.

Edited by blackpool belle

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can ask questions on the RCI board - click onto this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

You may also be interested in joining your Roll Call to see what others on your cruise are doing at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1896335

And Ports of Call at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Hi

Our first cruise was on the Independence and we absolutely loved it. Caught the cruising bug. Did some of the same ports and agree with the other replies. We were very anxious about the ship leaving without us but we didn't book excursions for Cadiz, Vigo, Gibralta, Palma or Lisbon. All were doable by walking/catching the city cruise tour buses and sometimes the shuttle from the ship. I red as much as I could about the ports and also looked at loads of threads on cruise critic. Have a fab time.