Help Anthem prices for families are steep!!!!

celticfc

Been sailing RCI from Southampton in June/July for the last 7 years and prices for Anthem for a family of 4 in a balcony cabin are really costly, below are the prices for sailing on 20/6/2015.

D3 - £7159

D1 - £7319

Family Jnr Suite - £10991

Grand Suite - £11896

Sky Loft - £15596

Should I wait in the hope these prices come down? is this likely? Or should we try an inside? (always had a balcony!!)

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Having seen the pricing structure I'm amazed at how expensive the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin is on these sailings.

How can they sell themselves as a family ship and then charge so much more for those who want to sail as a family.

It's difficult to say whether the prices will come down as the novelty factor and the fact that the sailings are through the summer months may keep the prices high.

Perhaps with the new P&O ship also being launched this might help drive down the family price! I for one wont be booking at this price and neither will my sister and her family. So thats 2 lost bookings so far and I am sure other families will take the same stance. For the money I could have a Florida/Caribbean 2 centre holiday.

I agree with Patty. A new ship usually keeps the prices higher and so you may have to choose a different ship or wait for a couple of years for the prices to settle. My friend and I were thoughtful about doing an Anthem cruise but we have decided to wait bearing in mind the cost.

New ships are always higher. I don't see the prices coming down the first year.

Oh well will just leave Anthem alone for a couple of years and try something new, like Celebrity or P&O. Alternatively will wait and see the pricing for Adventure.

So far not a huge fan of the gimmicks on Anthem like North Star or the Bumper Cars. Got hurt on one as a kid so wouldnt be allowing my kids on them. I really wish Indy was staying in Southampton its my favourite ship.

Oh well will just leave Anthem alone for a couple of years and try something new, like Celebrity or P&O. Alternatively will wait and see the pricing for Adventure.

So far not a huge fan of the gimmicks on Anthem like North Star or the Bumper Cars. Got hurt on one as a kid so wouldnt be allowing my kids on them. I really wish Indy was staying in Southampton its my favourite ship.

Couldn't agree with you more. Indy is my favourite ship and will be going on her twice this year and feel like I will be saying goodbye. I am also going to wait to see what Adventure or may be Brilliance out of Harwich will be offering.

I personally don't know anyone who has ever gotten hurt on bumper cars, and I've been on them many times and so have my friends, so your kids will be perfectly fine.

It's a bit like saying that someone once drowned, so I'm not letting my kids in the pool.

I would say prices are highly unlikely to drop. Her sister ship Quantum, albeit a different home port, has had multiple price INCREASES ever since opening for booking.

Can't say I'm surprised. Newer ships = Higher prices. Look at Allure's prices over in Europe.

Indy is 6 years and 2 classes old now and is priced like it.

Couldn't agree more - we're forced to travel within school dates but the family cruises are so expensive. We've been waiting for Anthem but non of the families looking to book 3 cabins will pay the steep prices for next summer.

It's a family ship without family prices, real shame.

Couldn't agree with you more. Indy is my favourite ship and will be going on her twice this year and feel like I will be saying goodbye. I am also going to wait to see what Adventure or may be Brilliance out of Harwich will be offering.

We are already booked on Indy for June 30th this year, so instead of paying the over inflated prices for Anthem will book Indy for October, and like you wont like saying goodbye, I love this ship.

I hope you give Adventure a try. It is one of our favorite ships. We've been on Indy before, actually doing a cruise on her next month, and I think if you like Indy, you'll also enjoy Adventure.

Steve

I hope you give Adventure a try. It is one of our favorite ships. We've been on Indy before, actually doing a cruise on her next month, and I think if you like Indy, you'll also enjoy Adventure.

Steve

Thanks Steve

I have been on Navigator and loved her and I believe Adventure is same class so will probably book her for next summer and fit in an Oct on Indy for the price of Anthem.

We thought exactly the same. I'm afraid they might have priced themselves well out of their intended market. Just way toooo expensive. Who would pay £1700 each for the 3rd and 4th person in August!!! Nearly £10,000 for a balcony for four!!!

Edited by kimberley

Steve

Thanks Steve I appreciate that. I will definitely give Adventure a try as I love cruising out of Southampton as we are only an hour from there so it is very convenient. :)

Didn't come on here to get flamed for my choice on Bumper Cars......

However you do kinda look like the kid that kept bumping me till I really hurt myself...........lol

Haha, I was being VERY sarcastic, wasn't intending to flame you for your parenting. I for one find bumper cars to be boring and stupid, an opinion I've maintained since I was a little kid. :)

We thought exactly the same. I'm afraid they might have priced themselves well out of their intended market. Just way toooo expensive. Who would pay £1700 each for the 3rd and 4th person in August!!! Nearly £10,000 for a balcony for four!!!

If enough people agree with you that the price is too dear, then RCI will reduce it. However, based on past experience, they have yet to price themselves out of the market and I suspect that there is a sufficient number of potential cruisers who will pay the tariff just to say they have sailed on the newest and most innovative ship in the fleet. Supply and Demand still rules and no line can profitably charge more than the market will bear.

Ahh.... why does everyone show such great interest in quantum and anthem then they see the prices and get upset stating they don't like what the ship has to offer... Obviously you like the entertainment options or they wouldn't be interested in the cruise in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ahh.... why does everyone show such great interest in quantum and anthem then they see the prices and get upset stating they don't like what the ship has to offer... Obviously you like the entertainment options or they wouldn't be interested in the cruise in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well I'll say that I've booked it precisely because it has such different stuff and I'm interested to see all the different things on offer. It is pricey, but then I've only booked it for 3 days - but it seems to me that it will be so different that it's going to be a quirky 3 days with lots of new stuff.......and I'm travelling with a group of really fun friends so we'll have a great time anyway.

There is no way I would have booked a 3 day cruise from the UK unless I felt there was going to be something different and unique about it.

Having said that I'm travelling as part of a couple and the point of this thread was how expensive it is for families which I agree with

Edited by Bobal

hmm I am just off the phone to the TA and a bit pouty about the prices too. Not surprised though. No Family Ocean View equivalent so need to go connecting to get 5 in a room.

Just have to weigh up if it worth the money or not..... Wonder if they haven't released Adventure yet because the prices will be so much better and they don't want the competition for Anthem.

Edited by Nettee

hmm I am just off the phone to the TA and a bit pouty about the prices too. Not surprised though. No Family Ocean View equivalent so need to go connecting to get 5 in a room.

Just have to weigh up if it worth the money or not..... Wonder if they haven't released Adventure yet because the prices will be so much better and they don't want the competition for Anthem.

That's exactly our predicament - family of 5 and no family ocean view. The quote we had for interconnecting is more expensive than flying out and doing a B2B round caribbean in August!:mad: