Help Anthem prices for families are steep!!!!

celticfc

Did 4 nights October half term on Indie last year and booked again for this year. D1 balcony for 3 £1000( including gratuities). Price for identical cruise on Anthem £1600(excluding gratuities) will be interesting to see what happens as P&O recent pricing gaff has cost them significantly with ships sailing at 40 -50% capacity. The recession is not over in the UK and good luck to those that can book £10000 14 night holiday.:rolleyes:

That's exactly our predicament - family of 5 and no family ocean view. The quote we had for interconnecting is more expensive than flying out and doing a B2B round caribbean in August!:mad:

Fly over here and do a B2B on Freedom... :)

We booked the 14 night sailing on Anthem and definitely paid the price for it. Cabins alone will run me over $26k for the 5 of us but we wanted to try the new Family Friendly Cluster set up. It includes a JS, a Balcony, and an Inside Cabin all within the same area. Looks pretty cool to me albeit expensive.

My goodness. $26K for one vacation. I'm agog. That's $3K more than we just spent on my DH's new car, which replaced a car he has been driving for 12 years. More power to you ... if you have that kind of cash for one trip, do it! :eek::D

We just came off Adventure earlier this month. It was amazing. What a fun ship. We did the B cruise; eventually we'll go back and do A.

Tonight we booked Grandeur (albeit with some hesitation after reading some scathing CC reviews - sigh). We're treating my in-laws to their first-ever cruise to honor their 50th wedding anniversary, as well as taking our kiddos (10 + 11). So we have two ocean view rooms, deck 3. The whole thing is setting us back $5K on the rooms and probably another $1.5K on excursions, beverages, whatnot. I can handle that once or twice a year.

All that is to say there is no way on earth I can justify the prices to take my family on ALLURE as yet, let alone Quantum or Anthem. My hope is that prices come down on Allure and Oasis with all the hype around Q/A, and then I can try out A or O down in Ft Lauderdale maybe in '15.

People who spend $30K+ on a single vacation are living in a different financial reality than me!

I agree the prices are steep compared to previous years, in fact this years were so expensive, we are flying to the states in school holidays and cruising out of Miami for the same money, as to cruise from Southampton.

Yesterday I managed to get into pricing for Adventure. For a E1 cabin for three on the 1 date in August sailing it showed for around $9000.

You might want to look at NCL, you will need to fly, but the Spirit is pricing out at £3800 in a balcony. I am just not sure of the bed set up on NCl. My DS is 6ft tall and I would prefer he had a comfy sofa to sleep on, so I need to do more research.

Here's my pricing on Med cruises so far. All pricing is based with booking via the UK and I don't qualify for any past guest discount.

B2B Rhapsody £7183

B2B Splendor £8133. Interestingly if you book via RCL.com it's a lot cheaper £6746. It could have been an opening day pricing blip.

NCL Spirit £3987

NCL Jade £4851

Anthem £7236

Vision £5002

3 night August sailing Anthem - £1427

There are strong rumours that DCL will be sailing from Dover for 3 dates, 2 being in the school hols, with two cruises into Northern waters and one repo to the Med.

Princess will be out next week or the week after and mid March, Celebrity.

Personally, I feel there is too much competition in the Med next year, so pricing on the older ships will fall. Time will tell.

FWIW, we have basically the same cruise booked on both the Quantum and the Explorer, and while the Quantum has two more nights, the cruise is also more than twice as expensive. We booked early, and our category has been sold out, but, I have no doubt that the price today would be significantly more.

Been sailing RCI from Southampton in June/July for the last 7 years and prices for Anthem for a family of 4 in a balcony cabin are really costly, below are the prices for sailing on 20/6/2015.

D3 - £7159

D1 - £7319

Family Jnr Suite - £10991

Grand Suite - £11896

Sky Loft - £15596

Should I wait in the hope these prices come down? is this likely? Or should we try an inside? (always had a balcony!!)

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

As long as people continue to pay the high prices to sail on the new ships,the prices will stay high.Why should they lower it if people are willing to pay crazy prices just to sail on a new ship.:eek: :)