Valor: Help me choose a wrap !

Athankfulheart

We are taking our 25th anniversary cruise on the Valor because we really like the itinerary and want to spend a week in PR ahead of the cruise. We have had an aft wrap on the Dream and loved it and figure we will splurge for a wrap again given the special occasion.

I have searched and searched and still can't decide which deck to choose .... and now my brain hurts. :( Anyone have any input on the wraps ? Considering size of cabin, size/privacy of deck, possible noise, and even furniture placement. I am partial to the bed NOT being under the windows because you can't lay in bed and see outside :p . But I may need to weigh that against some of the other factors.

Got any info/input that would help me to make a choice ?

All are available ( minus deck 7/port) for the week we will sail.

We are taking our 25th anniversary cruise on the Valor because we really like the itinerary and want to spend a week in PR ahead of the cruise. We have had an aft wrap on the Dream and loved it and figure we will splurge for a wrap again given the special occasion.

I have searched and searched and still can't decide which deck to choose .... and now my brain hurts. :( Anyone have any input on the wraps ? Considering size of cabin, size/privacy of deck, possible noise, and even furniture placement. I am partial to the bed NOT being under the windows because you can't lay in bed and see outside :p . But I may need to weigh that against some of the other factors.

Got any info/input that would help me to make a choice ?

All are available ( minus deck 7/port) for the week we will sail.

I don't know about the bed, but when we were on the Victory we had the aft-wrap on deck 6 starboard. There was no noise from below and the deck 6 aft-wraps has the balcony facing aft, corner and side.

The other aft-wraps on deck 7 and 8 either have aft, corner or corner side.

Bottom line, deck 6 has the biggest afts, but beware, stay starboard and you won't hear anything from the lounge below. People on port side (either aft-facing or aft-wrap) heard thumping all night.

Bottom line, deck 6 has the biggest afts, but beware, stay starboard and you won't hear anything from the lounge below. People on port side (either aft-facing or aft-wrap) heard thumping all night.

This is very helpful info that I hadn't seen before. I assumed that because the stage was so far fwd from the cabins that it wouldn't be an issue.

We prefer deck 6, then 8, then 7 and we've stayed in all three. We've had both port and starboard aft wraps on deck 6 and never experienced any sound issues from below; rooms beside the aft wrap on deck 6 do get the 'thump thump' from the club below, but we heard none in our aft wrap.

We stayed in an Aft Wrap on the Valor the summer of 2011... IT was GREAT... Cant say enough about that. We were on Deck 7.. for the life of me I can not remember the cabin number..

We will be cruising July 6th on Magic and have another Aft Wrap on deck 7.

Enjoy.

We stayed in aft wrap 6483 this past October 2013. We loved it! Very spacious and the balcony was just amazing! We didn't hear any noise at night or at any time of the day for that matter. Also I know a lot of people say they get soot on their balcony but we didn't see any during our trip. I have tons of pictures of the room and balcony I can share with you if you would like. I am sure which ever room you decide on you will have a wonderful cruise.

HI,

We stayed in 8448 on the Valor last year. We didn't have any noise issues from the lido deck. The slight downer was not much sun heading south, and full sun for the return trip. This was in March though. We loved it. I have pics if you are interested.

http://s454.photobucket.com/user/dkdoob/library/Carnival%20Valor%20Aft%20Wrap%20Balcony%208448?sort=6&page=1

• 3 months later...

We have 6483 again next March. It is the best, and especially on the Valor itinerary. The room seems a bit bigger than 7 and 8, because the bed is flat up against the wall and doesn't come out diagonally to the room like the other levels. It is quiet. Just storage below. The deck is wide throughout. It is best on this itinerary, because as you head north from Barbados, you have the sunrise views of all the islands as you come into ports. May have to get up a bit early coming into St. Lucia.

Sorry I didn't come back to update sooner ! We did wind up booking 6483 and I'm really excited that our trip is "only" 6 months away now :) We booked shortly after I got the info from this thread. Thanks !

We have 6483 again next March. It is the best, and especially on the Valor itinerary. The room seems a bit bigger than 7 and 8, because the bed is flat up against the wall and doesn't come out diagonally to the room like the other levels. It is quiet. Just storage below. The deck is wide throughout. It is best on this itinerary, because as you head north from Barbados, you have the sunrise views of all the islands as you come into ports. May have to get up a bit early coming into St. Lucia.

So glad this question came up! I booked 6483 for our cruise in March...I am sooo excited :D

Would love to see some pictures of the room and deck!

So glad this question came up! I booked 6483 for our cruise in March...I am sooo excited :D

Would love to see some pictures of the room and deck!

We have that room the week of March 1st, so I hope we aren't sharing it that week with you! ;)

Here's a link to some pictures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535944

There's also a video of the same room on the Glory (It is exacly the same! We have had that room on the Glory as well):

We have that room the week of March 1st, so I hope we aren't sharing it that week with you! ;)

Here's a link to some pictures: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535944

There's also a video of the same room on the Glory (It is exacly the same! We have had that room on the Glory as well):

Lol...I was wondering the same thing, but we're safe, we go March 15th!

Thanks for the pictures :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app