Can I or should I upgrade?

papalance

We sail on March 30/14. With the recent price drops I see that some are getting an upgrade. Can you get an upgrade if you booked a few months ago? If I could upgrade is it worth going from a 13th floor balcony with a large corner balcony to a mini suite or even a spa mini suite? What's the difference? Should I try to get extra OBC? Any suggestions are extremely helpful.

We sail on March 30/14. With the recent price drops I see that some are getting an upgrade. Can you get an upgrade if you booked a few months ago? If I could upgrade is it worth going from a 13th floor balcony with a large corner balcony to a mini suite or even a spa mini suite? What's the difference? Should I try to get extra OBC? Any suggestions are extremely helpful.

I'm sailing the week before you and prices went down for us to. We upgraded from a BB to a B9 which included spa privlages which we planned in purchasing. That cost would have been $600 for the 3 of us the upgrade cost only $180 for the 3 of us. This was a no brainer saving us $420.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by GeriC

Hi! I'm sailing the same date! We just upgraded total cost was 280 to go to a standard balcony, now since I've been looking at the size of the small balcony now I've honestly been thinking of getting a bigger balcony but I really don't want to spend more money. I did see some of the mini suites have the same small balconies just a bigger bathroom bit more space, spa balcony gives access to spa which does seem like a great perk! Now you have my mind thinking...Decisions, decisions. Whatever you decide have a great cruise!

Edited by mylife4Jesus

1) Well I finally bugged my travel agent to check on an upgrade for us. We went from B4 Balcony on 13th floor to S9 Spa Balcony on 14th floor. We are suppose to be able to access a spa area? Must read up on that.

2) M&G signed up. 2 excursions booked. Haven't assessed clothing needs yet so still packing. Haven't reserved shows yet. Know nothing about drinks. What else must I consider?

1) Well I finally bugged my travel agent to check on an upgrade for us. We went from B4 Balcony on 13th floor to S9 Spa Balcony on 14th floor. We are suppose to be able to access a spa area? Must read up on that.

2) M&G signed up. 2 excursions booked. Haven't assessed clothing needs yet so still packing. Haven't reserved shows yet. Know nothing about drinks. What else must I consider?

S9 spa balcony is a haven suite!! That's what we upgraded to. Did you get the UBP and UDP included? You now have access to the spa and the haven! Great upgrade. :D

S9 spa balcony is a haven suite!! That's what we upgraded to. Did you get the UBP and UDP included? You now have access to the spa and the haven! Great upgrade. :D

14143 isn't a suite...just a balcony room. What's UBP & UDP?

Oh, sorry. You said S9 spa balcony so I thought you had a suite. UBP=ultimate beverage package and UDP=ultimate dining package...they are included with any suites purchased now for sailings April-Sept.

We already booked a 2 bedroom villa in the Haven so we didnt need or want an upgrade. HOWEVER, we were given the option of a very nice OBC OR a credit on a future sailing. Bottom line call your TA and get something for the price drop!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I keep watching for a price drop on our Sept 2014 Alaska Cruise. I would love to be able to upgrade from inside to any balcony for free or dirt cheap. But not a problem if it doesn't happen. Since I booked last August, inside has only gone up and balcony has not changed at all.

Oh, sorry. You said S9 spa balcony so I thought you had a suite. UBP=ultimate beverage package and UDP=ultimate dining package...they are included with any suites purchased now for sailings April-Sept.

You mean ANY suite?

Oh man...if we could've got a regular mini suite...you sure it would've have udp & ubp? Maybe we made a mistake :confused: our TA didn't seem that knowledgeable about Princess.

Oh man...if we could've got a regular mini suite...you sure it would've have udp & ubp? Maybe we made a mistake :confused: our TA didn't seem that knowledgeable about Princess.

OK, now I'm confused. Are you talking about a Princess Cruiseship? Not that that is a bad thing, but you posted in the Norwegian forum. Everyone is giving you suggestions and info about NCL cruises.

I'm confused too. You said you were upgraded to an S9 spa balcony. S9's are suites. You said you have room 14143. I do not see 14143 on the Getaway, however there is 14134...which is an S9 spa haven suite. Maybe that is what you got?? If so, you should have the UBP and UDP included?? Check into it.

I'm confused too. You said you were upgraded to an S9 spa balcony. S9's are suites. You said you have room 14143. I do not see 14143 on the Getaway, however there is 14134...which is an S9 spa haven suite. Maybe that is what you got?? If so, you should have the UBP and UDP included?? Check into it.

I don't think they would have the UDP and UBP with the 3/30/14 sailing. I don't think it's available until 4/19/14 sailings.

Edited by SoCA6ft5

I don't think they would have the UDP and UBP with the 3/30/14 sailing. I don't think it's available until 4/19/14 sailings.

You're right. I didn't pay attention to when they were cruising. However, it still sounds to me like they scored a haven spa suite ??:confused:

You're right. I didn't pay attention to when they were cruising. However, it still sounds to me like they scored a haven spa suite ??:confused:

I hope they come back and post some clarification (Ship, correct cabin #, etc.). I'm hoping to try my luck in upgrading an M6 to an S9 and have a few questions for them.

I started this thread under a Norwegian forum, I forgot to mention it was the Epic. We were in a B4 Balcony #13134?. But now in a S9 Spa Balcony #14143. I went to NCL website to check categories, it's not a suite, it just get's some spa access, whatever that means. PS: I don't know why I said Princess :what:

I started this thread under a Norwegian forum, I forgot to mention it was the Epic. We were in a B4 Balcony #13134?. But now in a S9 Spa Balcony #14143. I went to NCL website to check categories, it's not a suite, it just get's some spa access, whatever that means. PS: I don't know why I said Princess :what:

Earlier I asked if any (regular/spa/whatever) type of 'suite' got the udp & ubp, because I had the choice of 'regular' mini suite or 'regular' spa balcony. Did my TA do the best for us?

Earlier I asked if any (regular/spa/whatever) type of 'suite' got the udp & ubp, because I had the choice of 'regular' mini suite or 'regular' spa balcony. Did my TA do the best for us?

That deal is only valid on breakaway and getaway so it wouldn't apply to you on the epic. It still is a good deal because you now have spa access. Enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

I checked the deck plans for the Epic and Cabin 14143 is indeed a B9 (unfortunately not an S9) Spa Balcony Suite. "This stateroom gives you exclusive keycard entry to the Mandara Spa experience and fitness center, as well as complimentary 24-hour access to the Thermal Spa Suites." The last I read, a weekly spa pass on the Epic was $147pp.