Luggage Tags

chucknmuck

I just did our on-line check in for our BTB cruise. It gave me no option to print out our luggage tags, they said they would be mailed. This was only offered to US and Canadian passengers. I am glad they did because our colored printer is not working.

My question is how long does it take before we receive the tags in the mail? We are about 35 days out before we leave for Sydney.

10 days according to their website.

We've never had a problem with the printed tags on Princess or Celebrity. We just fold where indicated and staple on handle of luggage.

If you're leaving from home and have a stapler handy, great. In our case we did a 5 day land trip in Alaska before boarding, I never thought nor would I pack a stapler as part of my cruise gear!!

We pack a small mini stapler, not a full size one;)

I just did our on-line check in for our BTB cruise. It gave me no option to print out our luggage tags, they said they would be mailed. This was only offered to US and Canadian passengers. I am glad they did because our colored printer is not working.

My question is how long does it take before we receive the tags in the mail? We are about 35 days out before we leave for Sydney.

It only took a week to get ours from Celebrity.

Our next cruise is on RCCL (Allure). They charge $35 if the tags are mailed to you.

Not sure how RCCL handles their luggage tag issue, but since this is a Celebrity forum, everything has been explained as to how to order luggage tags (for NO CHARGE). :D

We pack a small mini stapler, not a full size one;)

We have a small laminator. We laminate the tags and leave about a 1/2" on top of the tag. We then use a hole punch and put a hole in the center on top of the tag. We put the tags in our suitcase along with some nylon ties. In one case we drove to the departing city and put the tags on before we left. The other we stayed in a hotel the night before. We put them on before we left for the dock. In both cases the tags stayed on the luggage.

We have a small laminator. We laminate the tags and leave about a 1/2" on top of the tag. We then use a hole punch and put a hole in the center on top of the tag. We put the tags in our suitcase along with some nylon ties. In one case we drove to the departing city and put the tags on before we left. The other we stayed in a hotel the night before. We put them on before we left for the dock. In both cases the tags stayed on the luggage.

Isn't it easier just to get the preprinted ones?

Hi everyone , I can't find a thread on how to get our luggage tags before we sail . I've already done express check in and saw something about tags but with no direction on how to get them . Any help would be appreciated . We sail Apr . 5 2014 out of Miami .

How do North American Celebrity passengers get luggage tags for their cruise? (See Note 1)

The prerequisite to requesting Celebrity’s colorized luggage tags passengers must have

1. Completed your online check-in

2. Have received your electronic cruise document eDoc (See Note 2)

3. Have an assigned stateroom/cabin number

Passengers may request their complimentary preprinted Celebrity luggage tags by logging on to Online Check-in. Once you log-in by providing your name, last name, and ship & sail date, select "request" in the “Luggage Tags” section of the Cruise Documentation page.

• Passengers can request for Celebrity's colorized Luggage Tags 49 days or less before you sail BUT requests must be made no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date

• Passengers who take advantage of this program can expect to receive their ship luggage tags by mail within several business days.

• Passengers can print their own luggage tags from page 3 in the “Xpress Pass” documentation which is printable directly from Celebrity’s web site but you cannot file this “Xpress Pass” document permanently in either Word or a PDF doc formats.

• Passengers are to ensure all bags have luggage tags attached before arriving at the pier.

• Passengers who do not qualify for this program can secure their ship luggage tags from any of the porters at the pier.

Note 1 – Each Luggage Tag Mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment. Simply attach your luggage tags to the appropriate luggage items prior to your arrival and your bags will be delivered to your stateroom. Guest who receive paper documents and have an assigned stateroom will find their personalized ship luggage tags inside their booklet.

Note 2 – eDocs is provided electronically by Celebrity via the Internet (eDocs). You trigger the sending of the Celebrity (eDoc) by requesting it in the Celebrity’s “Online Check In” page just above the Luggage tag information. Or you can ask your TA to trigger the sending of the eDoc. You can request a printed version of the cruise document which can be obtained for a fee of $35 per book.