Feb 1, ruby sailing problem

Teris50

Ah, not exactly true. My DH just retired as a police officer and his zone covered a major outlet shopping mall in our area. Unfortunately, he has arrested many, many ships' crew members for shoplifting. I can't tell you if they were eventually sent home, but I can tell you that they definitely missed the boat!

Most of them were not arrested for grand theft ($300+) - but on minor shoplifting charges.

Ah, my understanding is that on-board infractions against passengers are treated very severely.

On one of our cruises our safe malfunctioned. The number "3" would not activate and, unfortunately, our code had two 3s in it. We called the PSD and they send a special person to open the safe. I do not remember what his title was but he was in the officer rank -- not a room steward or crew member.

I, too, stash my belongings in a large plastic ziploc bag. This not only keeps my belongings together but, in case of an emergency I can "grab and go".

Those of you who had to get Security to open your safe: when they opened it, did it still have your 4-digit code in memory?

I assume it did not, just as when you open it the memory is cleared. Therefore there is no way for someone to break into a safe, take stuff, and relock it with the original code. OP's grandmother was able to open the safe with the original code, so ...

Those of you who had to get Security to open your safe: when they opened it, did it still have your 4-digit code in memory?

I assume it did not, just as when you open it the memory is cleared. Therefore there is no way for someone to break into a safe, take stuff, and relock it with the original code. OP's grandmother was able to open the safe with the original code, so ...

As you'd know, the code is cleared every time the safe is opened and you have to re-enter it or enter a different code. You are right that if someone had gone into the safe, the ladies would not have been able to open the safe with their code. Edited by Pam in CA

When I had to have my safe opened it has always been someone from security.

On another thread someone posted about some $ missing from there safe. How about taking a small zipper bag that could be locked with a small lock. My money is stored in a special fanny pack that I always use for traveling. It has 3 separate zippered compartments that all hooked together with one hook. Inside each compartments are other zippered compartments and inside one compartment I have a zippered key case and inside one side of the key case I have my money stored. If anyone wanted to take anything it would take a lot of work. Also the fanny pack strap has a heavy wire inside that is difficult for anyone to cut.

Tom:)