Ukraine Ports on April Sailing

JoPublic

MSC will email you an alternative itinerary if they change the stops.

They may not switch for some time yet as this may just be a short term problem in the Ukraine. Really depends on travel advice being issued. They won't put the ship and it's passengers and crew at risk.

Presume you're meant to be going to Yalta and Odessa? Odessa would be a real shame to miss out on. There's not a lot of alternatives in the Black Sea other than Constanta (sp) in Romania and that is rather missable. Perhaps they'll add in some more Greek and Turkish ports. The sailing through the Bosphorus at Istanbul is amazing.

Hi

Does anyone know where is the best place tot check if MSC change the itinerary?

Due to the current affairs in Ukraine, not sure if our cruise is going to changed.

We have two stops in Ukraine.

I do not have any answers, but wish you the best.

Edited by $hip$hape

Hi

Does anyone know where is the best place tot check if MSC change the itinerary? Due to the current affairs in Ukraine, not sure if our cruise is going to changed. We have two stops in Ukraine.

I've been on cruises where the itinerary changed, and I Wasn't contacted. (Not MSC, but no harm being certain.)

You can check their website for any changes to the itinerary as well.

I've been on cruises where the itinerary changed, and I Wasn't contacted. (Not MSC, but no harm being certain.)

You can check their website for any changes to the itinerary as well.

Thanks everyone. Will have to wait and see, hopefully it will have calmed down by April.

The situation seems to be escalating with Russia occupying Ukranian soil.

The UK Foreign Minister is on his way and I'm sure the US and other EEC leaders will be trying to talk both sides back down from the brink.

Our itinerary for our upcoming cruise on Preziosa changed, and they did not inform us. They added an extra port in Brazil, and changed Lanzarote for Tenerife. I do know they are meant to, but might be a good idea to check.

The situation seems to be escalating with Russia occupying Ukranian soil.

The UK Foreign Minister is on his way and I'm sure the US and other EEC leaders will be trying to talk both sides back down from the brink.

Foreign Office has posted that you should not travel to Crimea and UK nationals should leave the area as of yesterday.

Nothing on MSC's website unless I don't know where to look for these kinds of messages. I have seen notices on RCI's website before.

Not sure if they think it is too early to change yet.

On the news earlier they were talking about Russia going into the East of the Ukraine, the UK has pulled out of the paralympics at Sochi. Could this also bring about cancelations to St Petersburg i wonder.

On the news earlier they were talking about Russia going into the East of the Ukraine, the UK has pulled out of the paralympics at Sochi. Could this also bring about cancelations to St Petersburg i wonder.

If Russia actually go to war with the Ukraine, or the current situation carries on escalating then yes I'd expect cruises to Russia to be impacted too.

However that is the least of our worries, a war in Europe will have far wider implications that diverted cruise itineraries? Europe and the Us have an undertaking to the Ukraine as part of their nuclear disarmament treaty, so legally cannot permit Russia to bully them.

I just nope it can be removed without bloodshed but so far it is not looking that hopeful

Amo ... I agree that things do not look so good, maybe cruise lines should make a decision now like they did with Egypt and tell the Russians that no cruise ships will call at any of their ports this year, and depending on what the outcome is with Ukraine may not resume in the future.

I cannot see the UK at any point sending troops to Ukraine although there could be a Nato peace force to keep the two sides apart.