RCCL transfers. IAH to port of Galveston

Trying to ascertain times of RCCL transfers from IAH to port. Flying in day prior to departure and staying in Marriott at airport.

RCCL customer services only seem able to tell us that we will be met by ground staff on arrival and given transfer vouchers.

Interested in information from anyone who has taken transfers previously.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a car and drove. Stayed at the Sheraton Four Points on the beach the night before and we were able to park the car for the week on their lot for free. The hotel and rental car were cheaper than the ship's shuttle. You can walk from the hotel or try to take their shuttle. The shuttle was crowded so I dropped my wife and luggage at the pier, took the car back to the hotel and then walked.

We rented a car and drove. Stayed at the Sheraton Four Points on the beach the night before and we were able to park the car for the week on their lot for free. The hotel and rental car were cheaper than the ship's shuttle. You can walk from the hotel or try to take their shuttle. The shuttle was crowded so I dropped my wife and luggage at the pier, took the car back to the hotel and then walked.

Can you give details on your car rental: company and rate/codes used. I'm having a heck of a time finding a decent rate out of IAH. TIA

Can you give details on your car rental: company and rate/codes used. I'm having a heck of a time finding a decent rate out of IAH. TIA

It was Dollar Rental. Flew in the day before the cruise and flew out a day later. Stayed at Four Points in Galveston before the cruise and at Elements near the airport after the cruise. Rented the smallest car we could. I got the car a few weeks before the cruise. Another cruiser took a cab from the airport to an off airport car rental site and got an even better rate. I didn't have a code. Just used a search engine to find the lowest company and then went to the Dollar site directly to book. Sorry that is all I can remember.