Removing Balcony Dividers

Has anyone ever had any trouble asking room stewards to remove balcony dividers for adjoining cabins? I am booked on Radiance in two adjoining cabins, so Radiance info would be great, although any Royal Caribbean ship info about balcony dividers would be appreciated. Thanks!

I can't help with Radiance I'm afraid but we had the balcony dividers opened on Independence last year. The stateroom attendant unlocked it and then it was clipped to stay in place - it was no problem at all.

Gill

Has anyone ever had any trouble asking room stewards to remove balcony dividers for adjoining cabins? I am booked on Radiance in two adjoining cabins, so Radiance info would be great, although any Royal Caribbean ship info about balcony dividers would be appreciated. Thanks!

The balcony dividers on Radiance class ships are fixed and can not be opened or removed.

Edited by cruisenfever

@merion mom... How about the Enchantment?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, no.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the Navigator was the first RC ship to have balcony dividers that could be opened.

We had balcony rooms on deck 10 on Freedom of the Seas that were directly underneath the whirlpools that extend over the side of the ship. Our divider was a solid metal wall, presumably because of the weight of the whirlpool. So we could not open them. But the divider on the other side of me, the side that wasn't under the whirlpool, could have been opened.

So even if most balcony dividers on a ship can be opened, it's possible that some will not be openable for structural or design reasons.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Since we're on the subject, what about deck 7 Navigator cabin dividers?

We were denied on Navigator. While they are able to be opened I have heard that the way they were designed they tend to close by themselves with the potential for injury so the request on Navigator/Mariner is often denied.

Supposedly they were redesigned starting on Freedom to be more secure. Therefore Freedom and Oasis class can be opened. We did have ours opened on Allure without any issues.