Magic booked and ready to plan

After two cruises and a few years lurking the third cruise is booked! Many thanks for the wealth of info you guys have provided! I thought it was about time to let all you veterans know because of y'all I've had some great experiences in booking rooms, booking private excursions, and looking forward to exploring two new ports we haven't experienced!

ny2ytype.jpgmy2u2a3y.jpgdymu5yde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay!!!!:D:D

Sharing your excitement!!

We just booked the Breeze on Thursday night, for an 8 night Southern in July:D:D

Flights are booked.

Hotel in Miami, pre-cruise is booked.

Shuttle from FLL to Miami hotel is booked, as well as the return shuttle, from the Port of Miami back to FLL is booked.

Now, just these pesky islands......so much to do, so little time!!!!:p

When are you cruising?

We cruise In August. Did the Magic last April just the hubby and I. Taking our 16 year old daughter and her BFF! They have never been on the Magic... Just the Elation! Super excited for her to experience the Bigger, longer cruise! She is pretty pumped! Now if we could just talk the 18 year old son into going...

In Belize you might want to consider doing a ship excursion as Belize isn't the safest place.

Even if we plan to hire a private driver? Or book tour from tour company... In 5 excursions we did one ship...Too lame and boring... We've done Jamaica with a guide and I felt perfectly safe.

We are on the July 6th cruise ---- Can't wait.

Belize. We have been here before. Did a private zip line/ cave tube combo tour. Awesome...only four people on the trip.. Beat all of the buses from the ships in port... Never felt unsafe for a moment. Cave-tubing.com. Would use them again.

We are considering Zip tour In

either Roatan or Belize... I am all for private. Open for any suggestions.

Do you tender at either of these ports?

Long tender in Belize. Carnival excursions get the first tenders. That's why some people book with the cruise line. We did a tour to one of the ruins and since it was a long excursion we booked it through Carnival. Didn't want to miss the ship!!:eek:

Roatan is great and no tender. Arrange a private tour. Get away from Mahogany Bay. It is a man made beach. We used Bodden Tours. You can choose what you want to do. We did the glassbottom boat and had very good snorkeling and we were the only 3 people on the boat. Here is his website:

http://boddentours.com/index.htm

Sharon

Even if we plan to hire a private driver? Or book tour from tour company... In 5 excursions we did one ship...Too lame and boring... We've done Jamaica with a guide and I felt perfectly safe.

Hire a private tour/driver in both Roatan and Belize. Last January we decided we want to do the zoo in Belize. The ship tour looked pricey.. so we got tendered into the port, walked up to the first tour operator at the end of the pier and got a HIGHER price form them. Told them "no thank you" and proceeded out of the cruise terminal where there were MORE tour guides out there. Found a tour for half the cost of the ship tour. The guy drove usto the zoo... came in with us AND gave us a personalized tour of the zoo (including calling to the animals with some animal sounds that actually got them to come over...) My only advice is make sure they have working air conditioning. Ours didn't but since it was January it was very pleasant and we really didn't need it. But going in August you will...

There are lots of things to do in Belize... cave tubing, zip lining, Mayan ruins, jungle treks... if you want to do a beach day or diving, you may be best off with a ship tour since those depart to/from the ship and you don't waste time tendering....

Long tender in Belize. Carnival excursions get the first tenders. That's why some people book with the cruise line. We did a tour to one of the ruins and since it was a long excursion we booked it through Carnival. Didn't want to miss the ship!!:eek:

Roatan is great and no tender. Arrange a private tour. Get away from Mahogany Bay. It is a man made beach. We used Bodden Tours. You can choose what you want to do. We did the glassbottom boat and had very good snorkeling and we were the only 3 people on the boat. Here is his website:

http://boddentours.com/index.htm

Sharon

Thanks Sharon... We bought FTTF.. So that will help on the tendering if I remember correctly. Thought one of those two places would possible be a tender. I have looked at boodentours. They sound good and I've seen some good reviews.

Brooke

Hire a private tour/driver in both Roatan and Belize. Last January we decided we want to do the zoo in Belize. The ship tour looked pricey.. so we got tendered into the port, walked up to the first tour operator at the end of the pier and got a HIGHER price form them. Told them "no thank you" and proceeded out of the cruise terminal where there were MORE tour guides out there. Found a tour for half the cost of the ship tour. The guy drove usto the zoo... came in with us AND gave us a personalized tour of the zoo (including calling to the animals with some animal sounds that actually got them to come over...) My only advice is make sure they have working air conditioning. Ours didn't but since it was January it was very pleasant and we really didn't need it. But going in August you will...

There are lots of things to do in Belize... cave tubing, zip lining, Mayan ruins, jungle treks... if you want to do a beach day or diving, you may be best off with a ship tour since those depart to/from the ship and you don't waste time tendering....

Thanks for the heads up...Yes, I certainly want some air.. Lol!

I am too much of a planner.. Not sure I could wait to plan once off the ship. But I don't care for ship excursions. Just always go with reviews and do lots of research. Hoping FTTF helps with tendering. It did in the caymans on returning to the boat.. Was a ship sponsored trip so those always go first.

Brooke