Reservation for Select Dining?

whatevergoes

We are traveling with others who are NOT Captain Club members. Those of us who are Capt Club were able to make a set dining time each night for select dining in MDR but the three girls who are not Capt Club were told they could not make a reservation time "at this time". They want to sit at our table. Does anyone know why this is happening or WHEN they will be able to make the reservation? Thanks

I am not sure, but call the CS dept and see if they can fix it. If that fails then the first thing you do after finding your cabin and unloading your carry on's is head for the MDR and have them make the change. Do this early, don't wait. The three will have to go with you as they will need their room cards. You shouldn't need to but a gratuity may be given to ensure you get what you want.

Edited by bar_20

Captains club or not shouldn't matter, that is odd. When I booked my reservations for Select dining online it gave me the option to pick a bigger table and then on the next page there was an option to add a reservation number to add more people to your dining reservation. If you get their reservation number you should be able to do it that way? (I didn't try it as we are sailing alone on the cruise I was booking reservations for)

We are traveling with others who are NOT Captain Club members. Those of us who are Capt Club were able to make a set dining time each night for select dining in MDR but the three girls who are not Capt Club were told they could not make a reservation time "at this time". They want to sit at our table. Does anyone know why this is happening or WHEN they will be able to make the reservation? Thanks

They can join Captain's Club as a "Preview Member" - just give CC a call:)

Preview Member Benefits*

(before you earn any Club Points**)

• • Access to Captain's Club newsletter online
  • • Use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises
  • • Eligibility for Captain’s Club promotions when booking a future cruise onboard

As a Preview Member, you'll receive our Captain's Club Newsletter to get an insider's look at everything new with Celebrity. You'll also have access to the exclusive Captain's Club area of our website where you'll learn about our recognition and rewards programs.

Then, once you've enjoyed your first Celebrity vacation, you'll be upgraded to a Classic member and be eligible for exclusive member offers, elevated onboard benefits, and special events.

Just remember, when booking, to include your Captain's Club member number to ensure you earn Club Points for your cruises in our recognition and rewards programs.

Cheers

Edited by Christine Frances

Captains club or not shouldn't matter, that is odd. When I booked my reservations for Select dining online it gave me the option to pick a bigger table and then on the next page there was an option to add a reservation number to add more people to your dining reservation. If you get their reservation number you should be able to do it that way? (I didn't try it as we are sailing alone on the cruise I was booking reservations for)

This is correct. I booked a table for 8 in the MDR on formal evenings and once I put in my reservation number the system allowed me to add additional reservation numbers. Worked like a charm and had our table waiting when we arrived.