Thank you, Carnival!!

joyy7403

From February 9-16 we had the pleasure of cruising on the Carnival Conquest. Having never been on this cruise line, it was an entirely new experience for us, and a wonderful one it was!! The ship is absolutely beautiful! The most beautiful one we've ever been on, with all of the paintings and the wood throughout the ship.

The food was wonderful. We did eat on the Lido deck a lot. We never had to search very long for a table at the buffet and the dessert bar was terrific! We ate in the dining room once, and the service was quick and the food was great! And Guy's hamburgers are everything everyone says that they are!

A lot of cruise lines could learn a lot by looking at the design of the theater. What a terrific concept! Even one of the crew members who designed it sat behind us during one show! (well, I really don't think he did, but when I raved about it, he said that he was the one!!)

The crew did a terrific job of taking care of us. Agung, our cabin steward, was one of the best we've ever had. We aren't high-maintenance, but anything we ask from him was done quickly and efficiently. He definitely represents Carnival well.

All in all, it was a great cruise with a wonderful crew. I am certain we will sail again with Carnival in the future. Thanks again, so much!!!

From February 9-16 we had the pleasure of cruising on the Carnival Conquest. Having never been on this cruise line, it was an entirely new experience for us, and a wonderful one it was!! The ship is absolutely beautiful! The most beautiful one we've ever been on, with all of the paintings and the wood throughout the ship.

The food was wonderful. We did eat on the Lido deck a lot. We never had to search very long for a table at the buffet and the dessert bar was terrific! We ate in the dining room once, and the service was quick and the food was great! And Guy's hamburgers are everything everyone says that they are!

A lot of cruise lines could learn a lot by looking at the design of the theater. What a terrific concept! Even one of the crew members who designed it sat behind us during one show! (well, I really don't think he did, but when I raved about it, he said that he was the one!!)

The crew did a terrific job of taking care of us. Agung, our cabin steward, was one of the best we've ever had. We aren't high-maintenance, but anything we ask from him was done quickly and efficiently. He definitely represents Carnival well.

All in all, it was a great cruise with a wonderful crew. I am certain we will sail again with Carnival in the future. Thanks again, so much!!!

Very happy to hear good things from a Norwegian cruiser trying Carnival for the 1st time.

Great to hear someone who enjoyed their first Carnival cruise! Glad you had a good experience!

Thank you so much for this review! We are cruising on the Conquest in April and I haven't seen much about her on the boards so I was starting to worry about what to expect!! It is nice to see someone that has sailed recently and had a great experience! :)

I am happy you had a great time on the Conquest. Dh & I cruised on the Conquest from Galvestion a few years ago.

May I ask how you would compare NCL to Carnival.

I am thinking about cruising on the Getaway in the fall. I was wondering how the ship layout, service, and cabins compare. I am leaning towards a large balcony cabin on the Getaway as the regular size bacolny seems quite small.

Any tips or comments are welcome. Thanks for your time.

I am spreading my wings to check out NCL next year. With 5 CCL and 1 more coming up, am going to see what I might be missing. Price was in my range. Got a suite right below the bridge facing forward on the Sun. Gots to try out the butler service once in my life....we'll am preparing for when I win the lottery....:D

Edited by FireEater

I am happy you had a great time on the Conquest. Dh & I cruised on the Conquest from Galvestion a few years ago.

May I ask how you would compare NCL to Carnival.

I am thinking about cruising on the Getaway in the fall. I was wondering how the ship layout, service, and cabins compare. I am leaning towards a large balcony cabin on the Getaway as the regular size bacolny seems quite small.

Any tips or comments are welcome. Thanks for your time.

The are really similar in most areas. Some nights Carnival had one show at night and it would start at 9:30, whereas NCL has 2 shows, 7 & 9pm. I'm usually burnt out by the sun by then, so I'm too tired to go to the later show. But that's just me! Carnival is mostly a little bit younger crowd, 30's-40's, but there were many of us late 50's and above. I loved the idea of the FTTF! The option to pay a little extra for "a little extra" is a very nice touch. With NCL, we have to go up in the Latitudes program to get some of those privileges. NCL emphasizes hand washing and cleanliness a lot more than Carnival, which was surprising. Carnival has a lot more space in the buffet area for seating. NCL has more choice of restaurants. Both have their good and not so good points. Remember, I'm just going on what I know from the Conquest. The crews are the same, always friendly and ready to help! An excellent group of people! We've never been on the Getaway, but we have been on the Epic, which is about the same size ship. So many things to do! Do try to eat at some of the specialty restaurants! I know you pay extra, but the LeBistro & Moderno are well-worth it. Try to see all of the shows, they're fantastic! You will meet a wonderful crew and if you join the roll call for your cruise, you will get to meet some of the officers there, plus the captain if he can get away. You will love every minute of your cruise!!!!!

Glad you had fun.

Question: What is a blue dot supporter?

NCL started putting blue dots on the loungers in the pool area for the "chair hogs". If no one was back in 1/2 hour, they would remove the towel. I'm not sure whether they're still doing this, but I still support it if they do!

I didn't see as much chair-hogging on the Conquest as I have seen on NCL, it seems to me. We loved the concept of the "adults only" pool in the aft though. Much quieter without the blaring music. I know they were having fun in the main pool area, but we enjoyed it back there. Close to a 24 hour ice cream machine! Heaven!!!!!:D